The Student Room Group

Predictions CIE History IGCSE (Cambridge)May 8th 2019

Predicted questions for may 8th 2019 exam?
Topics I’m doing Germany inter war periods and Cold War

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m doing the same topics. Looking at all of the past paper questions for paper 1, I think I could potentially get away with learning about just the League of Nations, causes of ww2, and treaty of v. It feels just a tad risky, but it’s a relatively safe chance.
Reply 2
Original post by Lyuna
I’m doing the same topics. Looking at all of the past paper questions for paper 1, I think I could potentially get away with learning about just the League of Nations, causes of ww2, and treaty of v. It feels just a tad risky, but it’s a relatively safe chance.

This isn’t including the Germany depth study topics of course.
My school makes us learn: Peace Treaties, League of Nations, Causes of WW2, Cold War and the Gulf, thoroughly. Probably prefer a cold war question, and a league/peace treaties question.
We have to do Treaty, League, Steps to War and then the Russia Depth Study... looking at last years paper, I have a feeling there might be a League question
does anyone have the feb/march 2019 paper
Do you guys think that containment ( Cuba, Korea, and Vietnam ) will come up in paper 1, considering it will be on paper 2?
Reply 7
seems kinda unlikely- cambridge does try to vary its questions so it can test you on as much as possible plus there are very few years where there have been questions on containment. the bigger question is; what's going to be on paper 2...
Original post by Elmira0000
Do you guys think that containment ( Cuba, Korea, and Vietnam ) will come up in paper 1, considering it will be on paper 2?
it cant be containment cos thats paper 2
Reply 9
Do you lot reckon I just revise LON and Appeasement they may both come up?
Original post by amishi
seems kinda unlikely- cambridge does try to vary its questions so it can test you on as much as possible plus there are very few years where there have been questions on containment. the bigger question is; what's going to be on paper 2...

What do you mean? Containment will be on paper 2.
Reply 11
i meant which of the containment topics- vietnam, korea or cuba- are going to come in paper 2. since paper 1 has a pretty good variety to choose questions from- i'd rather focus more time on learning as much contextual knowledge i can for one of the three case studies. paper 1 content knowledge is really hard but im super worried about paper 2- they hardly give us enough time. btw anyone doing igcse geography exam tmw?
What do you mean? Containment will be on paper 2.
(edited 4 years ago)
I hope it’s Cuba or Korea!! It’s fine though, paper 2 doesnt require much knowledge on the content, and it’s worth less than paper 1 in terms of the percentage. Im doing geography paper 1 tomorrow, walking in with common sense lmao
Original post by amishi
i meant which of the containment topics- vietnam, korea or cuba- are going to come in paper 2. since paper 1 has a pretty good variety to choose questions from- i'd rather focus more time on learning as much contextual knowledge i can for one of the three case studies. paper 1 content knowledge is really hard but im super worried about paper 2- they hardly give us enough time. btw anyone doing igcse geography exam tmw?
Reply 13
i think that's all we can really do- sometimes the stuff they ask about is so random!
Reply 14
meant to reply to this
I hope it’s Cuba or Korea!! It’s fine though, paper 2 doesnt require much knowledge on the content, and it’s worth less than paper 1 in terms of the percentage. Im doing geography paper 1 tomorrow, walking in with common sense lmao
It's best to know international peace collapse, cold war, collapse of communism and either peace treaties or league of nations.
Nope, containment most likely won't be in paper 1 because they have paper 2 to test you on it.
My eastern europe prep is rlly weakAnd i havent touched gulfBut my Treaties LON Hitler Foreign PolicyGermany is good Do you guys think ill be set for tomorrow?
guys I have revised containment but barely. It's in my paper 2. Should I focus on everything else that I am at least sure will be in the exam. (My depth study is Arab-Israeli so kill me now because it's so complex)
Anyone else doing the German 1918-1945 Depth study? If so, I need help answering two 6 markers. Would appreciate 2 solid reasons for each answer.

Why were the Nazis unpopular before 1930s?
Why did the Nazis introduce the Final Solution

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending