The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature Question 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jjjjxxx
yehhh its predicted a longer poem would come up because last year they got a short one. Poems like checking out me history are so bad that if it comes up my failure is certain

lmao ikk checking out me history is the worst id have tissue over that crap any day
SAMEE lols hate that *****y poem i would rather have tissue
Original post by kimkywep
lmao ikk checking out me history is the worst id have tissue over that crap any day
Original post by jjjjxxx
SAMEE lols hate that *****y poem i would rather have tissue

lol tissue all the way I agree
I know aarrggghhh!!!!! i literally do not like literature sorry no offence i do not take interest in it even though i like to read books (realistic) meaning the society we are in now.......i makes me feel like i am experiencing the place the characters are in....i am going too much in depth lol
Original post by acheloisina
I love English literature however I wouldn't say it is necessarily needed in life but I do love the way it helps me be more thoughtful on themes as such as the divide between the rich and the poor. Also, at my school it is compulsory!
noooooo waaaaayyyy tissue is waaaay toooo haaarrrddd i love exaggerating my point i think checking me out history is more adjustable in the under stress condition.
Original post by FloralPrints
lol tissue all the way I agree
Reply 65
Original post by sqrt of 5
anyone doing the sign of four????

I am and my teacher is predicting women/Mary Morstan
Original post by Bluepanda1234
For Macbeth I hope its Lady Macbeth- doubt it though. I think its more likely to be a theme maybe supernatural or power?

Have a feeling we're going to get one of the harder poems. Could be something like 'Kamikaze' or 'poppies'

Kamikaze is easy but poppies is bs
hopefully
Original post by jasmine2019
Any predicitons for the themes in the english lit paper? I'm doign Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, Inspector Calls and Power and conflict for poems. (AQA)

samee
checkin out me history and kamikaze and the theme memories i want that on the paper
Original post by Mozzy.11
Kamikaze is easy but poppies is bs
sameeeeeeeeeeeee
Original post by arieslover
I know aarrggghhh!!!!! i literally do not like literature sorry no offence i do not take interest in it even though i like to read books (realistic) meaning the society we are in now.......i makes me feel like i am experiencing the place the characters are in....i am going too much in depth lol
Original post by zaveenah1234
sameeeeeeeeeeeee

high five! :wink:
Reply 72
I don’t think the poem for power and conflict will be tissues, the papers 9-1 so level 1 students have to be able to analyse it slightly and it’s such a tough poem I don’t think they would dare put it in there.I hope it’s checking out me history or my last duchess...
Original post by clouddbubbles
anyone doing lord of the flies?

i am
Reply 74
anyone for the sign of four?? sign of four????

Me
Reply 75
My combo is Macbeth/Sign of Four & LOTF/Power and conflict poems for each respective paper
Original post by m2b
My combo is Macbeth/Sign of Four & LOTF/Power and conflict poems for each respective paper

what do you think will come up for TSO4
Reply 77
what do you think will come up for TSO4

Probably women/Mary Morstan or foreignness/India
Original post by jingle bells
I done my presentation last year on why English should be an option and not compulsory. I mean I am a grade 8/9 student in lit. No so gear at Lang tho. But I think both are totally unnecessary and I think the amount we do for one grade is too much

May I suggest that English ought to be compulsory if you get the use of the verb to do wrong considering you is your prestation last year?
arrrrgh just 4 days till lit paper 1.....my goooooodddddnnnnneeeessss

Quick Reply