The Student Room Group

Igcse edexcel 2019

Is there ANYONE doing this or just me, because I can’t find any proper threads for it :frown:

Scroll to see replies

I’m doing it
Does anyone knows what came to the Human bio paper this time?
Original post by Yans1
I’m doing it

Yayy! What subjects?
Original post by Cyber_Shadow2003
Does anyone knows what came to the Human bio paper this time?

No idea sorry... I’m not doing Human Bio
Biology, chemistry, physics and English Language B
Original post by Yans1
Biology, chemistry, physics and English Language B

I did Biology and English Lang last year if you have any questions. I’m doing Maths, English Lit, German, French, History and Latin
biology edexcel?
Original post by elizamunday02
I did Biology and English Lang last year if you have any questions. I’m doing Maths, English Lit, German, French, History and Latin
Original post by tammy123456
biology edexcel?

Yep 👍🏻
literally me with Edexcel. 14th May. I'm scared tbh. I failed my sciences last year. does anyone have any ideas what sort of thing will be on the first paper ?
I meant to add I'm going biology
Original post by talise.2625
literally me with Edexcel. 14th May. I'm scared tbh. I failed my sciences last year. does anyone have any ideas what sort of thing will be on the first paper ?

Hmmm well last year there was quite a bit on evolution and Darwin’s theory of natural selection. At the time it seemed like they did loads on it in the paper, so maybe they won’t do as much on it this year, if at all...
I’m doing edexcel igcse English language B this year. Any advice on section B?
I’m doing it for Biology and Maths
Original post by Espion17
I’m doing edexcel igcse English language B this year. Any advice on section B?

Sorry, I did English Language A... Im not sure how much is different between the two
Do any of you guys know where i could find a rough prediction of grade boundaries for the science 9-1 exams? i was wondering where the 8 and 9 boundary would be. Im doing edexcel for science. The A* grade was at 143/180 for biology last year. If the 9 is at half of that it would be ~160/180, but i think that is maybe a bit too high. Any thoughts?
i
Original post by Roga$$$
Do any of you guys know where i could find a rough prediction of grade boundaries for the science 9-1 exams? i was wondering where the 8 and 9 boundary would be. Im doing edexcel for science. The A* grade was at 143/180 for biology last year. If the 9 is at half of that it would be ~160/180, but i think that is maybe a bit too high. Any thoughts?

I want to know the same aswell. I only want to pass my biology and am doing IGCSE with Edexcel. so if it's not too high, that would help with my confidence haha
Original post by Roga$$$

Oo that’s harddd. It could be 160/180 so that they can distinguish between the good students and the best students (which is what the 9 is supposed to do). But then I’ve heard that last year it wasn’t actually that difficult to get a 9... Maybe try checking the boundaries for the Edexcel IGCSE subjects that were already 9-1 last year, like English Language. That might give you a good idea... Not sure if this is very helpful, sorry
Good idea. Ive also heard that the A* starts slightly below an 8 (looking at it linearly), so id expect a 9 to be slightly below half (maybe).
Original post by elizamunday02
Oo that’s harddd. It could be 160/180 so that they can distinguish between the good students and the best students (which is what the 9 is supposed to do). But then I’ve heard that last year it wasn’t actually that difficult to get a 9... Maybe try checking the boundaries for the Edexcel IGCSE subjects that were already 9-1 last year, like English Language. That might give you a good idea... Not sure if this is very helpful, sorry
Original post by Roga$$$
Good idea. Ive also heard that the A* starts slightly below an 8 (looking at it linearly), so id expect a 9 to be slightly below half (maybe).

That’s a good point. What grades are you hoping for?

Quick Reply

Latest