The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography 8035 - Paper 1 - 21st May 2019

This poll is closed

How are you feeling ahead of this paper?

Feeling positive!46%
Okay. Just a little more work...24%
Not feeling great18%
Send URGENT HELP!!!13%
Total votes: 331
AQA GCSE Geography 8035 - Paper 1 - 21st May

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here :gthumb: Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others :smartass:

This thread covers the following papers:

8035 Paper 1: Living with the physical environment 1h 30m 21 May 2019 pm

:rave:

The official specification: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/geography/specifications/AQA-8035-SP-2016.PDF

Spoiler

Specimen and past papers:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/geography/gcse/geography-8035/assessment-resources

:goodluck:

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

ugh physical landscapes :thumbdown:
I find this paper the hardest
Reply 3
Think there will be a 9/6 mark question on opportunities/Challenges in the Desert ,Tropical storms and climate chnage. But remember revise everything and especially your case studies. Any questions ask and I'll hopefully be able to help.
I doubt it cause last year they had a 9 marker on Deserts and another 9 marker on effects of tropical storms
Original post by knoxy09
Think there will be a 9/6 mark question on opportunities/Challenges in the Desert ,Tropical storms and climate chnage. But remember revise everything and especially your case studies. Any questions ask and I'll hopefully be able to help.
paper 3 is rainforests though
Original post by SchmuckOff
I doubt it cause last year they had a 9 marker on Deserts and another 9 marker on effects of tropical storms
Reply 6
Won't be rainforests though because that's the pre release.
I think we could get ecosystems because we haven't had one before perhaps how to limit desertification as a 6 marker.
Reply 8
Yes, ecosystems such as food chains, webs , producers, etc is a good shout. Maybe opportunities/Challenges of living near volcanoes as I don't remember that coming up recently.
I think we could get ecosystems because we haven't had one before perhaps how to limit desertification as a 6 marker.
The first 2 sections are relatively easy I think. I got 53/58 in them but then I mess up on the third and get 20/30 which Is still a 9 but I would really love to get better on it.
What'd you think could come on coastal land forms?
Original post by knoxy09
Yes, ecosystems such as food chains, webs , producers, etc is a good shout. Maybe opportunities/Challenges of living near volcanoes as I don't remember that coming up recently.
Does anyone have an Ecosystem case study I can learn?
There's the one in the textbook , but there isn't a 'case study'
It's just an example of an ecosystem
Reply 12
Probably something to do with formation of a stack and how it goes from a cave to an arch ,etc.
The first 2 sections are relatively easy I think. I got 53/58 in them but then I mess up on the third and get 20/30 which Is still a 9 but I would really love to get better on it.
What'd you think could come on coastal land forms?
So what do I need to know about ecosystems cos that's my weak point.
Reply 14
Revise food chains and webs, what a producer, consumer and decomposer are. Also how the removal of an organism can effect an ecosystem.
Original post by Vetrix42
So what do I need to know about ecosystems cos that's my weak point.
Something like this
Cheers.
Reply 17
What do people think will be on the rivers section?
Reply 18

What even is desertification? Don't think I've been taught that...
Reply 19
Areas around the desert becoming desert. You will need to know how to prevent it and where it is happening. Go on Seneca learning and choose the correct course for you and you should find a section about it on there.
Original post by Jaz.ann
What even is desertification? Don't think I've been taught that...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending