The Student Room Group

TMMC , UR Models, Newyork Fashion Studio all SCAMS

Dear people beware of this big organisation. They are like mafia. Once one of them is getting in touch with you , then the rest are trying to scam you in any possible way. First I got a call from “UR modelling Platform” where you need to pay £50 to book a photo shoot at “New York fashion studio” . Here you will be asked for £500 - £2000 to get a portfolio, and then they will recommend for you TMMC for getting modelling jobs , of course you have to pay here too . It is all a chain SCAM , all British people very well spoken, very nice with you at the beginning. Then nothing will happen. You will receive only automatically replies, rejection, rudeness. As a foreign person who loves this country and appreciate so much it’s people, the common sense and the good education, I would’ve never believed that so many English people can be involved in such a big SCAM organisation for ripping people’s money , dreams , lives. I’m so disgusted and disappointed . Shame on you horrible people. You will suffer from horrible destinies , for creating so much suffering and pain.

Scroll to see replies

how can i get refund? i paid 525 for first installment and i need to paid the rest which is another thousand on next month.
Reply 2
what actions did you take? You must report this to action fraud , I already have. And I got others to do it too. The more reports the better.

Let me know ASAP
thanks
Original post by Selena777
Dear people beware of this big organisation. They are like mafia. Once one of them is getting in touch with you , then the rest are trying to scam you in any possible way. First I got a call from “UR modelling Platform” where you need to pay £50 to book a photo shoot at “New York fashion studio” . Here you will be asked for £500 - £2000 to get a portfolio, and then they will recommend for you TMMC for getting modelling jobs , of course you have to pay here too . It is all a chain SCAM , all British people very well spoken, very nice with you at the beginning. Then nothing will happen. You will receive only automatically replies, rejection, rudeness. As a foreign person who loves this country and appreciate so much it’s people, the common sense and the good education, I would’ve never believed that so many English people can be involved in such a big SCAM organisation for ripping people’s money , dreams , lives. I’m so disgusted and disappointed . Shame on you horrible people. You will suffer from horrible destinies , for creating so much suffering and pain.
I got in to this scam yesterday. F@@@ck if I read it earlier !!! They got me on photo shoot etc and make a fool of me so I sign for one of them portfolios. After I read it today that it is a scam I called my bank and they told me that they will open a fraud discussion. hopefully it will work on some level. If You got MORE PEOPLE TO GATHER AND STAND AGAINST THEM...please let me know.
Reply 4
Was the model progress report email sound like this :
HOW ADAPTABLE WAS THE MODEL’S IMAGE?

During the shoot, the model was photographed in 5 different looks. The looks used varied from very casual to evening/formal wear. This was done to test the model’s versatility.

Our stylists created some fantastic casual looks. The model used these looks to effectively demonstrate that the model would be suitable for commercial modelling. Based on the model's overall shoot, I strongly believe that 30% of the model’s time should be focused on that area of the industry.

The progression into a high-street fashion style included various outdoor locations. As the model thrived in this setting and displayed great adaptability, I feel the model has the characteristics to be marketed for high-street modelling.

Overall, the model proved impressive adaptability. This indicates that the model has great potential to succeed in various types of modelling.

During the model's shoot, we identified that the model’s age range gave us 5 years either way. This age range will prove extremely beneficial when the model is launched in the industry.

WAS THE MODEL CONFIDENT ON LOCATION?

For new or inexperienced models, many times the most challenging portion of the test shoot is the location shoot. Posing in public can either cause individuals to portray strong confidence or become shy and stiff, making it difficult to capture a usable image.

In my professional opinion, the location shots are the best images from this model’s test shoot. As this model has no previous modelling experience, the fact that the model's most successful images came from the location shoot is extremely impressive.

After re-evaluating the model’s images, it’s incredibly impressive how many useable shots are from the location shoot. In fact, there are even a few that could be used in the industry immediately!

HOW WAS THE MODELS ATTITUDE THROUGHOUT THE SHOOT?

The studio staff described the model as a “delight to work with”, “undemanding” and “flexible”. This type of positive feedback from the creative team is the epitome of what I want to hear about a model - new or experienced. Overall, the team was extremely impressed with the model.

The team of creatives expressed to me that the model allowed them to do their job without trying to control any part of the process. They felt the model remained very positive and enthusiastic throughout the shoot.

The team expressed to me that they would be very happy and comfortable to work with this model again in the future.

WHAT AREAS OF THE INDUSTRY IS THE MODEL SUITABLE TO WORK IN?

Commercial modelling is the strongest category based on the model’s test shoot. The model's refined and attractive look combined with the model's likability and familiarity makes the model extremely easy to market.

Below are the additional areas of modelling we feel the model could find success in:

High Street Fashion
Catalogue
TV&Film

IS THE MODEL AT A STAGE WHERE THEY COULD ATTEND A PAID MODELLING JOB?

Absolutely! As long as the model shows dedication and puts in effort applying to agencies and attending castings, in my professional opinion, the model will easily find paid opportunities in modelling or TV and Extra work. Success in the industry is greatly based on hard work and determination. If the model gives 150% towards the model's career, the model should have no difficulties finding work in the industry.

The model’s portfolio includes a vast number of usable images. Ordinarily, this is not something we get from a model new to the industry. I can envision some of these images being used in commercial campaigns. For this reason, I have the utmost confidence in the model’s ability and believe the model could begin attending castings ASAP.

HAS A MODEL REPORT BEEN COMPLETED BY THE CLIENT?

Yes, the model report was completed throughout the process of the assessment.

To summarise, the model’s performance was extremely impressive. The model had a lovely personality and striking features. Moreover, the model portrayed the determination to succeed in the industry and stated a 100% commitment to modelling multiple times. My overall impression of the model is someone who is reliable, honest and driven to succeed in the modelling industry.

(please note all progress reports for under 18's must be in the parents names for data protection)

As discussed there is lots more you need to learn about the industry manning at your platform can provide advice and guidance should you need it.

Kind Regards

Dominic
Exactly the same!!

During the shoot, the model was photographed in 5 different looks. The looks used varied from very casual to evening/formal wear. This was done to test the model’s versatility.

Our stylists created some fantastic casual looks. The model used these looks to effectively demonstrate that the model would be suitable for commercial modelling. Based on the model's overall shoot, I strongly believe that 30% of the model’s time should be focused on that area of the industry.

The progression into a high-street fashion style included various outdoor locations. As the model thrived in this setting and displayed great adaptability, I feel the model has the characteristics to be marketed for high-street modelling.

Overall, the model proved impressive adaptability. This indicates that the model has great potential to succeed in various types of modelling.

During the model's shoot, we identified that the model’s age range gave us 5 years either way. This age range will prove extremely beneficial when the model is launched in the industry.

For new or inexperienced models, many times the most challenging portion of the test shoot is the location shoot. Posing in public can either cause individuals to portray strong confidence or become shy and stiff, making it difficult to capture a usable image.

In my professional opinion, the location shots are the best images from this model’s test shoot. As this model has no previous modelling experience, the fact that the model's most successful images came from the location shoot is extremely impressive.

After re-evaluating the model’s images, it’s incredibly impressive how many useable shots are from the location shoot. In fact, there are even a few that could be used in the industry immediately!

The studio staff described the model as a “delight to work with”, “undemanding” and “flexible”. This type of positive feedback from the creative team is the epitome of what I want to hear about a model - new or experienced. Overall, the team was extremely impressed with the model.

The team of creatives expressed to me that the model allowed them to do their job without trying to control any part of the process. They felt the model remained very positive and enthusiastic throughout the shoot.

The team expressed to me that they would be very happy and comfortable to work with this model again in the future.

Commercial modelling is the strongest category based on the model’s test shoot. The model's refined and attractive look combined with the model's likability and familiarity makes the model extremely easy to market.

Below are the additional areas of modelling we feel the model could find success in:

High Street Fashion
Catalogue
TV&Film

Absolutely! As long as the model shows dedication and puts in effort applying to agencies and attending castings, in my professional opinion, the model will easily find paid opportunities in modelling or TV and Extra work. Success in the industry is greatly based on hard work and determination. If the model gives 150% towards the model's career, the model should have no difficulties finding work in the industry.

The model’s portfolio includes a vast number of usable images. Ordinarily, this is not something we get from a model new to the industry. I can envision some of these images being used in commercial campaigns. For this reason, I have the utmost confidence in the model’s ability and believe the model could begin attending castings ASAP.

To summarise, the model’s performance was extremely impressive. The model had a lovely personality and striking features. Moreover, the model portrayed the determination to succeed in the industry and stated a 100% commitment to modelling multiple times. My overall impression of the model is someone who is reliable, honest and driven to succeed in the modelling industry.

(please note all progress reports for under 18's must be in the parents names for data protection)

As discussed there is lots more you need to learn about the industry manning at your platform can provide advice and guidance should you need it.

Kind Regards

Dominic
Reply 6
Unfortunately they are PRO and know what they are doing. I really believe they have people with power behind all this ... They are all English people ... no way a pour scam organisation would’ve managed to stay alive so many years without being locked down:frown: .... In the past they were called MAC studio ... If you check on internet the both companies have the same address ... I was reading on internet about this kind of scams ... We can report them and hopefully help other people stay away from this disgusting human beings, but money wise is very little hope we can get them back .. usually they take the money out straight away from the initial account and put them in various other accounts outside the UK so that can be very hard to track them down ...

High Street Fashion
Catalogue
TV&Film

Kind Regards

Dominic
Yeah I've cancelled my bank account and made a fraud report about this. The worst part is I can't get refund.
Unfortunately they are PRO and know what they are doing. I really believe they have people with power behind all this ... They are all English people ... no way a pour scam organisation would’ve managed to stay alive so many years without being locked down:frown: .... In the past they were called MAC studio ... If you check on internet the both companies have the same address ... I was reading on internet about this kind of scams ... We can report them and hopefully help other people stay away from this disgusting human beings, but money wise is very little hope we can get them back .. usually they take the money out straight away from the initial account and put them in various other accounts outside the UK so that can be very hard to track them down ...
Reply 8
Original post by tellmethetruth
Exactly the same!!

It makes me sick literally...
Reply 9
I can't believe people are still naive enough to pay for 'modelling portfolios'.
Reply 10
We all need to leave reviews on google as well on their web page ... to lower down the rating. New people will look in google to check them out ... As well they have fake reviewers to keep the rating high.
Original post by tellmethetruth
Exactly the same!!

It makes me sick literally...
Reply 11
Well darling there is a beginning for everything....I’m sure any of us will not fall into this kind of scam twice ... So don’t need to take the moral high grounds now ....
Original post by Ciel.
I can't believe people are still naive enough to pay for 'modelling portfolios'.
Reply 12
Well darling there is a beginning for everything....I’m sure any of us will not fall into this kind of scam twice ... So don’t need to take the moral high grounds now ....

I feel bad for you, but literally all you had to do was google their name before handing over your money...
Reply 13
So I did ... that’s why I’m advising people to leave reviews on google better then here . Nobody new will look for forum discussions ... only after they being scammed... But on google they are clever enough to have loads of good “fake reviews” that keeps their rating high. But yes , I should’ve done it more conscientiously... my bad ... I have a small baby so I didn’t have so much time to make a proper research ... Hope other people will not fall into this trap . If we can’t hope for our money to come back at least to spear other’s money . Such a shame people like this can’t put their work and minds in good things that can bring them money as well and not necessarily destroying others people lives and dreams ....
Original post by Ciel.
I feel bad for you, but literally all you had to do was google their name before handing over your money...
Reply 14
So I did ... that’s why I’m advising people to leave reviews on google better then here . Nobody new will look for forum discussions ... only after they being scammed... But on google they are clever enough to have loads of good “fake reviews” that keeps their rating high. But yes , I should’ve done it more conscientiously... my bad ... I have a small baby so I didn’t have so much time to make a proper research ... Hope other people will not fall into this trap . If we can’t hope for our money to come back at least to spear other’s money . Such a shame people like this can’t put their work and minds in good things that can bring them money as well and not necessarily destroying others people lives and dreams ....

Yup, that's what they do. They have fake ig accounts, fake reviews. Once they get a bad rep, they change the name of the company etc.
Totally agree selena, they are horrendous!!
I took my 11yr old all the way to London for the same shoot, when we went into our meeting at the end he said he was amazing and showed us his photos which as a biased mum they were incredible, the guy said all the right things and we were ecstatic and then came the portfolio pricing which is absolutely ridiculous, I refused to pay so in front of my son he deleted his application and then set upon saying how he needed his parents support etc, emotional blackmail basically in front of my son, I was furious, we grab his case and was just about to leave and he shouted ‘aww sorry again and if you would like to apply in 2 and a half years time, thatll be great’!! I said err NO!!
So now after this experience my son no longer wants to Persue modelling because he thinks they’re all like this!! Well done UR Models/TMMC, well done!!
Literally just got an email today about a test shoot and had a bad feeling. Never would have found this if I hadn't been looking so please post on google and social media to tell more people x
Reply 17
I have a test shot on Sunday I passed, Dominic send me exactly the same email how you guys mentioned, I was stupid that I paid deposit for this portfolio pictures even I mentioned that I don't want any portfolio pictures Dominic still asked to buy because I will need it for my career and he said any time I can call off if I want so I think very good and I see that I don't have enough money for that decided to cancel,so when I cancel the pictures they texted me that I cannot cancel because this is in the contract witsh on I didn't have chance to even read Dominic was open for me the pages where to sign and I was so stupid that I believe his word that I can cancel and didn't read the contract no I cancel forder payment with them but what I all ready pay they don't refund back try all ready they just keep saying it's my fault that I didn't read the contract even Dominic is said I can cancel they lie to your face just to ripped off you they don't care you have money or not be careful people
Reply 18
Dear people i can see that New York fashion studio and UR models are continuing to work and scam lots of people. I’m following their Instagram profiles and see more and more “testimonials” from people before leaving the studio and realising what has really happened. Those testimonials don’t do anything else but convincing other innocent people to trust them and give them money . I already reported their profiles on Instagram but we need to gather up more and more and try to beat them through social media too . Like this people will see our actions and keep away from them . Only reporting them to the fraud office , won’t help other people to stay away from this disgusting horrible people .

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Leave them reviews on the page when you search them onGoogle. I did , and my last review is the last one, even though I see here many others have been scammed since .
Just search New York Fashion studio on google , go to reviews and write there what other people should know about them . Write your experience. Only like this we all cam make a difference and stop them .
Doesn't anyone received an email from NY fashion model about the payment? Cause I changed my bank account and I received an email from them saying that about the terms and conditions as agreed to pay full amount. I would probably just ignored it but any advice from anyone??

Quick Reply

Latest