The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Chemistry 2018-19

Scroll to see replies

aw yeah I see thanks
thank you x
Original post by Mhussain01
So from 0.100 mol of PCl5, 0.0420 mol of PCl3 is formed. Therefore 0.0420 mol of Cl is also formed as it’s a 1-1 mole ratio between PCl3 and Cl. To find the no. of moles of PCl5 there are after equilibrium has been established: 0.100 - 0.0420 = *0.0580 mol* of PCl5

And then you calculate the equilibrium constant K using the usual equation. Hope that helped!
hi can someone help me with this please?

A student carried out an experiment to determine the value of y in hydrated zinc ethanoate, Zn(CH3COO)2.yH2O. A 5∙00g sample was heated until all the water was removed and a constant mass of 4∙18 g was obtained.

(B) Calculate the value of y.
Reply 63
image.jpg
Original post by chic geek
hi can someone help me with this please?

A student carried out an experiment to determine the value of y in hydrated zinc ethanoate, Zn(CH3COO)2.yH2O. A 5∙00g sample was heated until all the water was removed and a constant mass of 4∙18 g was obtained.

(B) Calculate the value of y.
Reply 64
Can someone help me with this question?
Do you have the answer ? I would think it’s pH =3
Original post by A_Ch
Can someone help me with this question?
Reply 66
The answer is B
Reply 67
How did you get that? I don’t understand these questions 😪
Original post by lois_____
Do you have the answer ? I would think it’s pH =3
image.jpg
Reply 69
Thanks x
image.jpg
Reply 70
I missed the @SCHOLARuk chemistry revision session and it’s not been recorded :/ does anyone have the answers to the questions that were done on there?
anyone know how to do the q on the left ?
Does anyone know if we need to know about colour cancelling to emit other colours or anything along those lines about colours ?
I would say the answer is C. For a molecule to react with HCl AND NaOH it needs to have both a H group and an OH group which react to produce 2 molecules of water.
anyone know how to do the q on the left ?
Reply 74
Wait! Today's scholar session wasn't recorded??
Reply 75
Im a bit confused, is 50cm^3 not 0.05 in litres?
image.jpg
It was 500cm3 (:
Original post by A_Ch
Im a bit confused, is 50cm^3 not 0.05 in litres?
Anyone know how to get part a) the k+ Conc
Reply 78
I checked again it’s not recorded 😭 I did the question sheet and now I don’t have answers to them
Original post by A_Ch
Wait! Today's scholar session wasn't recorded??
Reply 79
image.jpg
The KOH is diluted as 40cm3 is added so you need to find the new concentration if that makes sense
Anyone know how to get part a) the k+ Conc
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending