The Student Room Group

national 5's and uni

good morning!

I have been really worried about my national 5 exams. I would really like the opportunity to study a science degree at Edinburgh University (not medicine). would they still consider me if I do not get all A's? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by LoganWill
good morning!

I have been really worried about my national 5 exams. I would really like the opportunity to study a science degree at Edinburgh University (not medicine). would they still consider me if I do not get all A's? Thanks!

Personally, I've never seen any Universities except people based on National 5's; it's mostly Highers and Advanced Highers, National 5 qualifications are usually accepted at colleges. Do you plan to continue further study afterwards?
Reply 2
Yes! I plan to do all highers - Biology, chemistry, English, politics and administration, but I have been thinking of changing administration to maths
Original post by Strelzo
Personally, I've never seen any Universities except people based on National 5's; it's mostly Highers and Advanced Highers, National 5 qualifications are usually accepted at colleges. Do you plan to continue further study afterwards?
Reply 3
Original post by LoganWill
Yes! I plan to do all highers - Biology, chemistry, English, politics and administration, but I have been thinking of changing administration to maths

Ah, makes more sense now. Even if you don't do as well as you expect at National 5 level, they're only National 5's. When you take some of these into Higher, then they become really important, as that's most likely when students apply to Universities - me included. I'm taking Computing Science, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English into higher after exams. So technically National 5 qualifications for these subjects don't matter to me as much, but I obviously still worked very hard to prepare for them.

Quick Reply

Latest