The Student Room Group

Gcse english literature 2019 predictions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by muskaanxx
god i hope gerald doesn't come up!!

I watch those Stacey Reay videos, she’s really good and check oxnotes as well they help a lot.
I know that for an inspector calls there has already been Eric and Mrs Birling.
so hopefully it will be Shelia.
although it could be Gerald or Mr Birling
Reply 22
@Claudiagrace44

All the characters have been haven’t they? But I think it might be Gerald and maybe his relationships with women or how he bridges between younger and older generations?
Reply 23
hi im doing AQA and my teachers have suggested for macbeth it’s Act 5 scene 1 ( lady macbeth ) or Act 4 scene 3 ( malcolm and macduff ) i also think power might be a theme For AIC maybe Mr birling or shelia ? and for poems i think War photographer but i don’t do christmas carol i do jekyll and hyde
If you're with AQA I'm pretty sure the exam won't be on supernatural because that was last years question.
Inspector calls is probably Gerald
Poetry I believe will be about Family
Macbeth might be either King Duncan or Malcolm in collaboration with the theme of kingship
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde might be either Dr Lanyon or the theme of duality
I really hope its Mrs birling because I have a lot of dirt on that fictional character
Original post by Evie_M_03
I really hope its Mrs birling because I have a lot of dirt on that fictional character

Samee
do you do aqa?
For AQA these are the predictions:
-Romeo and Juliet: love/ hate/ fate for theme and Romeo as character
-A Christmas Carol: Scrooge's redemption
-Inspector Calls: younger vs older generation/ poverty or problems in society and Gerald/ Mr Birling/ Sheila as character
-Power and Conflict Poems: London, Storm on the Island, My Last Duchess or Exposure
Original post by hh786
Does anyone do AQA English Literature here? And what are the predictions for An Inspector Calls, Power and Conflict, Macbeth and A Christmas Carol?

I do all of those except Macbeth - I do Romeo and Juliet instead. I predict it'll be Poppies or London for Poetry, Birling and possibly the theme of love in An Inspector Calls, and possibly Christmas Spirit for ACC? Not sure though
Yeah I also think London may come up for poetry, but I also think Tissue has high chances. My predictions are that guilt will come up for Macbeth, Gerald/Mr Birling for AIC and the theme of justice for Frankenstein.
I hope Eric comes up for inspector calls got too much to write about him
Eric already came
Original post by Jaimeleex
I hope Eric comes up for inspector calls got too much to write about him
i guess no one is doing the sign of four :frown:
so any predicted question for macbeth??
Any predictions for frankenstein? My Exam board is AQA
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by esraa_aydixn
(Original post by AngelicBae)do you know any predictions for macbeth, inspector calls or a christmas carol

i think mrs birling is going to be what the question is based on for inpector calls, lady macbeth for macbeth and christmas carol one of the ghost

Lady Macbeth was the question in 2017. It was how her power is presented so I’m guessing that won’t come up and last years was Macbeth and Banquo attitudes to supernatural. I think lady Macbeth was 2017 anyway aha
I can only hope it is wp, it's my favourite and the one I'm best at. I'm also hoping it may be Gerald but I'm not sure I'd be that lucky for AIC
Original post by RazzzBerries
With AQA, but I do exactly the same texts as you!

Omg I hope WP comes up, it’s my favourite!
Original post by gracereedxo
I can only hope it is wp, it's my favourite and the one I'm best at. I'm also hoping it may be Gerald but I'm not sure I'd be that lucky for AIC

Same, or at least a good conflict poem so we can both use WP as the comparison.
I’m thinking it’ll be a theme for AIC. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending