The Student Room Group

Model scam?

Scroll to see replies

dd you get your money back ? and report this to action fraud yet ?
Original post by Ruddin13
Was it the one in wardour St in London? Please could you report them on action fraud aswell. The more reports the better

We never got as far as getting an address. My daughter got the phone call and then the emails of confirmation but before we went for the appointment we did some digging to see if it was a scam. Luckily we had not given them any card details or paid for anything yet. Our total experience with them lasted all of about 5 hours long
Not sure if we have anything to report because there was no crime committed in our interaction with them other than a very obvious attempt at a con
Original post by germainestaley
We never got as far as getting an address. My daughter got the phone call and then the emails of confirmation but before we went for the appointment we did some digging to see if it was a scam. Luckily we had not given them any card details or paid for anything yet. Our total experience with them lasted all of about 5 hours long
I'll repeat what i just said on a previous post- you should never join an agency asking for money. at the end of the day you are their income as they take a cut of any money you make through the castings they send through to you.
Maybe a crime hasn't been comitted to you directly but if you report this to Action fraud they will take the details of the supposed company and can make a case against them and investigate easily for any future victims. So it would really help out of you could report it

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
Original post by germainestaley
Not sure if we have anything to report because there was no crime committed in our interaction with them other than a very obvious attempt at a con
UR models is a scam ! As well as New York photo studio.
Original post by Mopatop92
Does anyone know if model network or ur models are legit? And if a fully refundable deposit is legit?
Have you been to the studio? What did they say to you ?
this happened only yesterday when i got back i realised how dodgy it was . they never asked to see my ID. I asked them to show me a webfolio that they have already created for an existing model they couldn't ! and they said if i wanted to get the webfolio upgrade i will have to do it by tuesday. i asked why ? and they couldnt answer me properly. silly me still went ahead and paid £250 deposit. ( after telling them I wont pay the full amount ) so they set up direct debit.they also put down a higher figure on the contract than what we had discussed.I called the police when I got home , called my bank . The police said to call the action fraud which i will do today.I work near the studio I plan to go knock and ask for my money back if non of this works.
YES !!!
Original post by Solobear
So UR models is a scam ?
Please let me know how is everything going on . I have been scammed by this people as well .
Yes they are , Please report them. If you have paid them any money you need to try and get it back. I have contacted them and they are being difficult but I will escalate this further at the rate that they are going.
Original post by tellmethetruth
I have report it through action fraud. U can make a report online. So I am gonna wait if there is my update on my cases. Cause the studio has my bank details and I have another 2 installments but I haven't paid anything. Need to block my direct debit from them too. What about in your case?

Hi,
I have the same problem... i got the most expensive package as i felt so pressured and then the say before wanted to cancel and it’s non cancellation policy. Because they have our personal information do you thimk it will be a problem to just cancel the card?
Report it to action fraud and make a report to your bank too. They will change to new card. Are u doing the installment too or have u paid the total amount?
Original post by BGArianna
Hi,
I have the same problem... i got the most expensive package as i felt so pressured and then the say before wanted to cancel and it’s non cancellation policy. Because they have our personal information do you thimk it will be a problem to just cancel the card?
I chose to pay in instalments and gave £550 deposit. This was done the 6th April and two days later, on Monday I called to cancel and they refused. They only offered me a downgrade to £1250 which I signed again so at least if I have to pay it to be a lower amount. The thing is I can’t really complain because until I don’t pay the full amount I won’t “really” know or be able to complain and say it’s a scam... this is what citizens advice told me and they could take me to court... but I really don’t want to pay all that money.
Report it to action fraud and make a report to your bank too. They will change to new card. Are u doing the installment too or have u paid the total amount?
And this is obviously because I signed the contract and it’s a non cancelation policy... I just felt so pressured that day because it’s a great opportunity... then I travelled back home and realised that it was dodgy. Thank you for help!
I chose to pay in instalments and gave £550 deposit. This was done the 6th April and two days later, on Monday I called to cancel and they refused. They only offered me a downgrade to £1250 which I signed again so at least if I have to pay it to be a lower amount. The thing is I can’t really complain because until I don’t pay the full amount I won’t “really” know or be able to complain and say it’s a scam... this is what citizens advice told me and they could take me to court... but I really don’t want to pay all that money.
They won't take u to the court I'm pretty sure cause they're scam company. So, what u need to do is go the bank, tell about the situation and change it to new card or just terminate your account. They won't able to do the direct debit from your account. If they try to call u during the 2nd installment just said that they are a scam company and said u already did a police report. I'll do the same as my 2nd installment is due on 15th May.
Ok. I will phone Action fraud tomorrow. Have you called? Did they tell you it’s ok to cancel the payments? Because I blocked them, then called consumer advice and they told me that it wasn’t a good idea to cancel the payment as there is no proof that it’s a scam until we make the payment in full and we see we don’t receive what agreed stated in the contract.
They won't take u to the court I'm pretty sure cause they're scam company. So, what u need to do is go the bank, tell about the situation and change it to new card or just terminate your account. They won't able to do the direct debit from your account. If they try to call u during the 2nd installment just said that they are a scam company and said u already did a police report. I'll do the same as my 2nd installment is due on 15th May.
I did online report for action fraud. U can check it on website. I've emailed them to cancel the contract but they said i can't. But Idgaf. I've emailed them more than 4 times to negotiate but they make it complicated. Anyway I won't paid the rest. Better waste £550 than another £1250.
Ok. I will phone Action fraud tomorrow. Have you called? Did they tell you it’s ok to cancel the payments? Because I blocked them, then called consumer advice and they told me that it wasn’t a good idea to cancel the payment as there is no proof that it’s a scam until we make the payment in full and we see we don’t receive what agreed stated in the contract.
I tried also negotiating and telling them to keep my £550 deposit and they still refused to. The only other option they gave me was to pay instead of £1945, £1425 which I went again to sign in case I do have any problems as it’s a bit cheaper. My next payment is due 19th may.
When your 2nd instalment is due please could you let me know what they do/tell you if they see you don’t pay it? Thank you!
I did online report for action fraud. U can check it on website. I've emailed them to cancel the contract but they said i can't. But Idgaf. I've emailed them more than 4 times to negotiate but they make it complicated. Anyway I won't paid the rest. Better waste £550 than another £1250.
Hi, does someone know something about Xenon Models based in London?

Thanks.
I did go to the studio in wardour st , they are crooks they pressured me so much to take my money i told them i cannot afford it as I am trying to buy a house and the lady told me to go into my savings. who says that ?!!? And she also provided me a fake name and when i emailed them they kept getting her name wrong! because its not her real name at all ! its all a lie they lure you in taking about a job that you'd be perfect for when its no true at all because after its all done and paid they never mention that job again.
Original post by Selena777
Have you been to the studio? What did they say to you ?
I've been emailing them non stop they ar refusing but they are actually so stupid because they are not consistent at all with their lies.
I tried also negotiating and telling them to keep my £550 deposit and they still refused to. The only other option they gave me was to pay instead of £1945, £1425 which I went again to sign in case I do have any problems as it’s a bit cheaper. My next payment is due 19th may.
When your 2nd instalment is due please could you let me know what they do/tell you if they see you don’t pay it? Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest