The Student Room Group

Can I withdraw from my exams?

Can I withdraw from one of my highers, I have circumstances but am unsure if they are “exceptional”
Original post by Sedwardson
Can I withdraw from one of my highers, I have circumstances but am unsure if they are “exceptional”

You can do if you want, albeit it's probably not the most ideal decision (though It's difficult to say without knowing the nature of your circumstances)...I would encourage you to discuss your circumstances with a member of staff at school though, as they'll be best placed to tell you whether you might qualify for exceptional circumstances and what the best course of action would be.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Can the school even say no despite me feeling unable to take it... if it helps I have anxiety and panic attacks often over this, I wouldn’t be able to go into the exam hall without having an episode and it would be very damaging for me
Original post by Labrador99
You can do if you want, albeit it's probably not the most ideal decision (though It's difficult to say without knowing the nature of your circumstances)...I would encourage you to discuss your circumstances with a member of staff at school though, as they'll be best placed to tell you whether you might qualify for exceptional circumstances and what the best course of action would be.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Can I withdraw without having exceptional circumstances??
Can the school even say no despite me feeling unable to take it... if it helps I have anxiety and panic attacks often over this, I wouldn’t be able to go into the exam hall without having an episode and it would be very damaging for me
Can I withdraw without having exceptional circumstances??

Could you not request to do the exams in another room? Guy in our school fainted and he was allowed to do the rest of his exams in the library where there was only a few other people (and invigilators ofc)

I think your school would want to try and help you. They might want you to sit the exam, but at the end of the day, they can't force you to walk into the exam hall. As nat5dawg has suggested, doing exams in a separate room might help? Do you need your remaining exam for what you want to do next, and are you likely to need to sit exams again in the future?
I think you do need to put yourself first, but also that you should ask for help from the school (again, if you already have) before deciding what you feel able to do.
Reply 6
Thank you, I spoke to school and am getting put in a separate room. Thanks for the help
Original post by Labrador99
I think your school would want to try and help you. They might want you to sit the exam, but at the end of the day, they can't force you to walk into the exam hall. As nat5dawg has suggested, doing exams in a separate room might help? Do you need your remaining exam for what you want to do next, and are you likely to need to sit exams again in the future?
I think you do need to put yourself first, but also that you should ask for help from the school (again, if you already have) before deciding what you feel able to do.
Thank you, I spoke to school and am getting put in a separate room. Thanks for the help

Pleased to hear this :smile: Hope the rest of your exams go well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending