The Student Room Group

Macbeth Predictions 2019

What are your predictions for Macbeth this year??
Guilt ( I think very likely as it hasn't come up yet in 3 sample papers and last 2 years questions despite being one of the main themes)
- Macbeth's instability
- Role of violence in Macbeth
- Fate vs Free Will

for AQA
Reply 2
Original post by hw8
Guilt ( I think very likely as it hasn't come up yet in 3 sample papers and last 2 years questions despite being one of the main themes)
- Macbeth's instability
- Role of violence in Macbeth
- Fate vs Free Will

for AQA

My teachers saying that there is a high chance deceit will come up,(she predicted it correct last year).
so Appearance vs Reality? I think that's a good bet :smile:
Original post by gb0101
My teachers saying that there is a high chance deceit will come up,(she predicted it correct last year).
Reply 4
Kingship or state of mind
Reply 5
Original post by gb0101

what exactly did she predict last year and what do you mean deiciet ????!!!
Kingship and guilt/deceit (Kind of the same thing)
Reply 7
yh that really good king ship could come up and lady Macbeth and lady MacDuff can come up
Original post by m2b
Kingship or state of mind
Reply 8
i(Original post by Hibbyxo)
what exactly did she predict last year and what do you mean deiciet ????!!!

She said last year that supernatural will come up. Deceit is like appearance vs reality,(deception).
Reply 9
please go in more detail did you say appearance ?!!
Original post by gb0101
i(Original post by Hibbyxo)

She said last year that supernatural will come up. Deceit is like appearance vs reality,(deception).
Our teachers said they saw kingship on some forums and so they taught us about it, but they think it will be conscience (guilt) OR something about macduff
Reply 11
yes I had a lesson on kingship today
Original post by Cutupuss
Our teachers said they saw kingship on some forums and so they taught us about it, but they think it will be conscience (guilt) OR something about macduff
My eng teacher said the same thing about kingship coming up
Original post by Hibbyxo
yes I had a lesson on kingship today
Reply 13
I really do hope that the question revolves around Macbeth or Lady Macbeth, not any other characters.
Reply 14
Original post by gb0101
I really do hope that the question revolves around Macbeth or Lady Macbeth, not any other characters.

That’s unlikely, literally the whole country rn is betting on kingship/Macduff 😬
Reply 15
Original post by gb0101

actually it could be perhaps Macbeth’s state of mind? Or theme of deceit
Original post by Hibbyxo
please go in more detail did you say appearance ?!!

Basically like what is seems like vs what it really is
A common example is lady Macbeth , she puts up a facade of being this strong women but really and truely is feels guilty and is vulnerable as demonstrated when she sleepwalks
I've been told
- Lady Macbeths guilt/decline
- Ambition
-Kingship
Original post by amybradbury02
I've been told
- Lady Macbeths guilt/decline
- Ambition
-Kingship

Defo not ambition

Quick Reply

Latest