Paper 1 (1h 30m)
1 essay on Britain (22 marks) (45 min)
1 essay on USA (22 marks) (45 min)

Paper 2 (1h 30m)
4 questions on Scottish topic:
How much question (10 marks) (25 min)
How fully question (10 marks) (25 min)
Explain question (8 marks) (20 min)
Evaluate the usefulness question (8 marks) (20 min)

Good luck to all!
Reply 61
How’s everyone feeling for the exam? Now that I’ve done English I’m feeling a ton more confident about the speed I can write.
That's my main concern. I don't know if its just that I ramble on too much or I'm a slow writer. I'm worried I'm going to rush it and mess up the quality of my essay or my handwriting :s-smilie:
Original post by Cg0762
How’s everyone feeling for the exam? Now that I’ve done English I’m feeling a ton more confident about the speed I can write.
anyone doing russia for one of their essays? i’m struggling with putting together each factor
does anyone have any advice on evaluation? I usually miss it out because I never get the marks for it.
Yeah, I'm doing Russia and Britain for my essays. What do you need help with? Also, which essays are you trying ot remember?
Original post by lauren210901
anyone doing russia for one of their essays? i’m struggling with putting together each factor
Hi, is anyone doing 'The Impact Of The Great War, 1914-1928'? - If so, what points have you got for the Impact on politics?
Reply 67
Anyone got a copy of the last years specimen paper?
i’m doing october revolution, february revolution, assessment of the tsarist state and the causes of the 1905. Im not 100% certain on the separate factors for each essay, if that makes sense
Original post by 00NUFC00
Yeah, I'm doing Russia and Britain for my essays. What do you need help with? Also, which essays are you trying ot remember?
any advice on evaluation? xx
Ah okay. I'm doing the exact same except from the Tsar essays. Here are my factors for each one:
Success of the October Revolution
- Weakness of provisional government
- Economic prolems
- Appeal of the Bolsheviks
Reasons for the 1905 Revolution
- Peasant discontent
- Workers discontent
- Japanese war OR Bloody Sunday
February Revolution 1917
- Role of Tsar Nicholas II
- Peasant discontent
- Workers discontent

* I have gone for the most simple factors as they are the easiest to remember and can be briefly changed for the other essays. So, you could get better ones from just looking on the SQA website! (:

Original post by lauren210901
i’m doing october revolution, february revolution, assessment of the tsarist state and the causes of the 1905. Im not 100% certain on the separate factors for each essay, if that makes sense
Original post by BethanMac
any advice on evaluation? xx

My teachers given us sample essays with evaluations in it so I’m just learning them off by heart. I think it’s best to memorise the evaluations but of course it being so close to the exam it may not be all that possible for you to do so even if you only learn two an essay that’ll still give you a high score and you’ll only be losing two marks.
I remember my teacher saying that for the isolated factor questions all you need to do is compare two factors with each other (whether one is your main factor or not) so if you can’t learn them all then you’ll probably be able to just make them up during the exam.

I hope this helps and sorry if it’s not that good an answer. I hope someone else can be more helpful!😄
Would you be able to send me the sample essays please? (:
Original post by aphamanda
My teachers given us sample essays with evaluations in it so I’m just learning them off by heart. I think it’s best to memorise the evaluations but of course it being so close to the exam it may not be all that possible for you to do so even if you only learn two an essay that’ll still give you a high score and you’ll only be losing two marks.
I remember my teacher saying that for the isolated factor questions all you need to do is compare two factors with each other (whether one is your main factor or not) so if you can’t learn them all then you’ll probably be able to just make them up during the exam.

I hope this helps and sorry if it’s not that good an answer. I hope someone else can be more helpful!😄
Would you be able to send me the sample essays please? (:

I’m doing the Britain 1851-1951 and the German 1815-1939 essays. Are you doing any of these ones?
Yeah, Britain '1851-1951'. Could you send them please? - I would like to compare it to my essays, as I have nothing to compare them to!
I’m doing the Britain 1851-1951 and the German 1815-1939 essays. Are you doing any of these ones?
Yeah, Britain '1851-1951'. Could you send them please? - I would like to compare it to my essays, as I have nothing to compare them to!

Of course! Do you have anything to send them too as there’s quite a few pages
(edited 4 years ago)
Check your PM I have sent you my E-mail! (:
Of course! Do you have anything to send them too as there’s quite a few pages
would you be able to send me the British and German essays too, please? lemme know, thank you x
Original post by duncan2000
I'm also doing Britain & Germany. My teacher has been off sick for the last few months so I have had another teacher who is useless at teaching the course. Would you be able to send me these essays? Thanks in advance

Hi, just send me your email and I’ll be able to give you them.
Original post by estellar2002
would you be able to send me the British and German essays too, please? lemme know, thank you x

Hi, just send me your email and I’ll be able to give you them x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending