The Student Room Group

Met Police PC Day 1 -- DIFFERENT??

Scroll to see replies

Did they give you any idea of how long?
Original post by Buckbeak99
I called them. They told me there has been a delay. Judging by other people on here, I'm assuming the current wait is around 6 weeks!
Reply 61
I had my day one on 15/04/2019 and it’s been almost a month but haven’t heard anything yet, I guess they are overwhelmed with work load. I am waiting to hear from them.
I had my day one on 01/04/19 and still not heard back. I have called once a week since the 3 week mark. They keep telling me they have loads of applicants so things have been delayed. Sorry mate think you might be waiting another week or two.
Original post by Bihani
I had my day one on 15/04/2019 and it’s been almost a month but haven’t heard anything yet, I guess they are overwhelmed with work load. I am waiting to hear from them.
I had mine last week, didnt think i would have gone through with it due to my nerves, i dokt think i done to bad though, didnt finish the letter but reached a conclusion on both assessments, didnt really understand what exactly the VR was about haha.

But my interview has left me worried, all was going well, untill, when one answer I gave to a question related to me being falsely accused of racism. I thought it was a good example to use but as I said it the interviewer looked up from his paper, the first time he done that during the interview. Then as I was telling the story I happened to use the first name of someone, only once, he instantly stopped the interview and told me I should have been red flagged for using a name but as he was only on his own he couldn't red flag me ?.

Has anyone else had this happen or known it before having the interview, it seemed strange to me.
Reply 64
Hi
Do they let you know were you have failed i sent them an email still no reply also they gave me an apeal i am not sure what to do
Original post by P_407
Hi
Do they let you know were you have failed i sent them an email still no reply also they gave me an apeal i am not sure what to do

I haven't received a formal notice of failure, it was what he told me during my interview which made me realise i failed the assessment.

I will let you know once it arrives though.
Haven't heard of that before. But I believe every part if the assessment centre is marked individually. It's points based, so if you mess up on one task you can still do well on others
Original post by MrMc1981
I had mine last week, didnt think i would have gone through with it due to my nerves, i dokt think i done to bad though, didnt finish the letter but reached a conclusion on both assessments, didnt really understand what exactly the VR was about haha.

But my interview has left me worried, all was going well, untill, when one answer I gave to a question related to me being falsely accused of racism. I thought it was a good example to use but as I said it the interviewer looked up from his paper, the first time he done that during the interview. Then as I was telling the story I happened to use the first name of someone, only once, he instantly stopped the interview and told me I should have been red flagged for using a name but as he was only on his own he couldn't red flag me ?.

Has anyone else had this happen or known it before having the interview, it seemed strange to me.
Maybe try and call them and ask for feedback. Believe they should be able to give you some. I know they do in other police forces. I'm not sure how much an appeal would help if I'm honest , especially if you didn't score well enough? May be best to try again in 3 months.
Original post by P_407
Hi
Reply 68
Original post by Prediction
I had my day one on 01/04/19 and still not heard back. I have called once a week since the 3 week mark. They keep telling me they have loads of applicants so things have been delayed. Sorry mate think you might be waiting another week or two.

Dear Prediction, thank you for sharing. One of my friend who had her day one one 11/4/2019 told me she got her result 3 days ago and passed. I don’t know how their process is but we will wait. I m sure they must be overloaded.
A bit of a strange question but what is the dress code for the assessment day? And should i book it asap bcs theres one for the 20th of march but I’m doing the DC role is it any different from the PC one? And any advice?
I wore a suit and didn't feel over dressed. Book the AC whenever works best for you. DC and PC day one are exactly the same.
Original post by Vennccc
A bit of a strange question but what is the dress code for the assessment day? And should i book it asap bcs theres one for the 20th of march but I’m doing the DC role is it any different from the PC one? And any advice?
Reply 71
Original post by MrMc1981

The way they mark the assessment is odd. On my Day 1, I definitely messed up one of the role plays completely... and still passed. I wouldn't have thought using someone's name in a question would be that big of a deal, as you are telling a story to give an example of your competencies?

Worst comes worst, you can try again in three months, and you'll know exactly what is going to happen on the day aswell! I knew that if I failed, atleast I'd have a good insight into the assessment.
(edited 4 years ago)
I did my day one on the 3rd of may. But a week later received an email about occupational health, did you all get this email. I just find it odd that they would be worried about that if I haven’t received a pass or fail for the assessment..
I believe that was a generic email sent to everyone who has applied with them because they're changing the company of who holds applicants health records. I got the same email and had my day one nearly 4 weeks ago. So did someone I know who had theirs 6 weeks ago.
Original post by 1984earl
I did my day one on the 3rd of may. But a week later received an email about occupational health, did you all get this email. I just find it odd that they would be worried about that if I haven’t received a pass or fail for the assessment..
Ah ok that’s great thanks for letting me know. August good luck with it. It’s an enjoyable day really...
Reply 75
Hi guys, I know there is day 1 and day 2 but what is day three? What do they ask us to do in day 3? Is it final job interview or any type of test?? Please some one help shed light on this.
There is No Day 3 with Met Police...
Original post by Bihani
Hi guys, I know there is day 1 and day 2 but what is day three? What do they ask us to do in day 3? Is it final job interview or any type of test?? Please some one help shed light on this.
Did mine on April 1st, still waiting to see if I passed. Painfully slow!
Reply 78
I know one of my friend did her day one on 12. April and she got her result (Passed) last week. I did mine on 15 April and still waiting. I don’t know how that works. Let’s just wait
Original post by Pidge1818
Did mine on April 1st, still waiting to see if I passed. Painfully slow!
That's very strange. Mine was 18th and still waiting and a friend had theirs on 2nd and they're waiting too. So I'm basing to get my results on how delayed my friend's are.
Original post by Bihani
I know one of my friend did her day one on 12. April and she got her result (Passed) last week. I did mine on 15 April and still waiting. I don’t know how that works. Let’s just wait

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending