The Student Room Group

What do people have against rich people?

If we are going about minding our own biz., why do our clothes and cars offend other people?

Scroll to see replies

They jelly.
Some of them really like to show off/ seek attention. Like we don’t need to hear your £600,000 gold Lamborghini revving through central London in the middle of the day.
Because most rich people are spoilt children of rich parents. Apart from that it could be jealousy or because a lot of them avoid taxes or pay there workers peanuts keeping the status quo in check.
No issue with rich people, more the rich kids that were born with a silver in their mouth and act like entitled brats.
I dislike them because they refuse to give me money for no reason.
Reply 6
Original post by Jamesman1
Because most rich people are spoilt children of rich parents. Apart from that it could be jealousy or because a lot of them avoid taxes or pay there workers peanuts keeping the status quo in check.

Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
No issue with rich people, more the rich kids that were born with a silver in their mouth and act like entitled brats.

And when they see a rich kid, do they just assume that person is a spoilt brat? Shouldn't they get to know them before judging them?
Nothing except snarling envy or silent jealousy.
Noisy braggers, inconsiderate people, rude people, thuggish people, criminal people, annoying exhibitionists, habitual nuisances- they are another matter entirely.
A lot of rich people can be show offs, or just insensitive to the things we might not be able to do that they can. Like, I went on holiday here, I bought this car, I invested this much in this.. that's great, but not when you're talking to me who has literally 4p in my bank with a week to go until payday and zero savings (that's not me, just an example).

On the whole though I think it's jealousy. It's like, lots of people are jealous of my job because it's well paid and I work from home, but I just think to myself hang on, I worked to build this up.. so shut up.
Original post by Anonymous
And when they see a rich kid, do they just assume that person is a spoilt brat? Shouldn't they get to know them before judging them?

No, but it normally doesn't take long to figure out if you speak to them, or just watch how they act.

Not all rich people are like this though.
If we are going about minding our own biz., why do our clothes and cars offend other people?

Jealousy is the easy answer. But I think it's a lot more deep rooted than that. For your average person, seeing a rich person can just be a reminder of their own place in society. I.e, lower than these rich people.

It's not really offensive though, it's all about jealousy. We want it, but can't have it. You have it. Seeing rich people is just a reminder that life is unfair, in other words.
Envy. Simple as.

Wealth is a product of hard work and poor people hate hard work.
basically this
Original post by Precious Illusions
I dislike them because they refuse to give me money for no reason.
Original post by Markus Dint
Envy. Simple as.

Wealth is a product of hard work and poor people hate hard work.

Don't be condescending now.
So what do we do? We only make friends with other rich people?

How can we get along with others without them judging us?
Don't be condescending now.

It’s not condescending. It’s the truth. Either you get rich or choose to remain poor.
everyone acting as if they are not rich already. we are all rich here
How come? What's your definition of rich? :lol:
Original post by Gent2324
we are all rich here
Original post by Obolinda
How come? What's your definition of rich? :lol:

most people in the world dont have a computer, we all do. people think they r poor because the people around them have more materials, but they forget to realise that they have more than half of the world has
ah, I see
Original post by Gent2324
most people in the world dont have a computer, we all do. people think they r poor because the people around them have more materials, but they forget to realise that they have more than half of the world has

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending