The Student Room Group

how can I get a grade 7 plus in my English language GCSE in a months time?

I have been struggling with English language language for a while and my average tends to be a 4. I really want to get a 7 or above but nothing seems to be working how can I improve with my first English language exam starting June 4th.
Too late. Just aim for that 4.
Honestly the most you can do is just loads and loads of practice papers, there’s half term before the exam right? Ngl practice papers and questions are the only thing I found that helped and I got a 7 after getting a 3 in all my mocks before? Y’all gotta look at examples and through the revision guide and figure out what they actually want to you to put,, this probably doesn’t help but good luck my dude
Try to read before you sleep and that'll help with the writing side.
Read novels/articles watch a speech being delivered ...
Highlight key bits in a text and then answer q`s Go on Mr bruffs revision it helps!
Reply 4
Original post by heyyyy-yaaaa
Honestly the most you can do is just loads and loads of practice papers, there’s half term before the exam right? Ngl practice papers and questions are the only thing I found that helped and I got a 7 after getting a 3 in all my mocks before? Y’all gotta look at examples and through the revision guide and figure out what they actually want to you to put,, this probably doesn’t help but good luck my dude

thank you
Reply 5
Original post by Humeraaiqbal
Try to read before you sleep and that'll help with the writing side.
Read novels/articles watch a speech being delivered ...
Highlight key bits in a text and then answer q`s Go on Mr bruffs revision it helps!

thank you very much science you said read, do you recommend any books?
Fiction books are good but you dont have to read the whole thing
Ive been reading the harry potter series id recommend books by Khalid hosseini
Reply 7
shut up steve. dont listen to steve, if you want higher than a 4 just prioritise language as much as you can, tbh im not really sure how to revise for it myself but my teacher says that reading news articles and books is helpful :smile:
Original post by Steve445
Too late. Just aim for that 4.

Quick Reply

Latest