The Student Room Group

Pokémon Detective Pikachu Movie Thread!!!

:woo: :party: It's Finally here :party: :woo:

[video="youtube;bILE5BEyhdo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bILE5BEyhdo[/video]

For some whose not a big fan of Pokemon (please don't hurt me :redface: ), the trailer looks great and promising :biggrin: Looking forward to it.

What do you guys think?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

:laugh: they are so cute, can I have one :awesome: Pancham please :colondollar:

What Pokemon would you want to keep as a pet/friend? :colone:
Reply 2
Original post by I AM GROOT 1

:laugh: they are so cute, can I have one :awesome: Pancham please :colondollar:

What Pokemon would you want to keep as a pet/friend? :colone:

Jigglypuff to put me to sleep at night :lol:
Original post by 8472
Jigglypuff to put me to sleep at night :lol:

:laugh: would be a good pillow pet :mmm:

Good choice:yep:
Reply 4

Reviews so far have been very positive :biggrin: 1 Week!
Original post by 8472

Reviews so far have been very positive :biggrin: 1 Week!

:laugh:

Very promising :yep:
That’s great to hear :woo:
Reply 6
Tomorrow :gah:

Possibly the best video on Youtube this year :rofl:

Spoiler

If I can convince someone to go with me I'll see it. It does not scream "watch me!!" loud enough that I'd pay the combined £20 between transport/tickets to see it alone. :tongue:
Original post by 8472
Tomorrow :gah:

Possibly the best video on Youtube this year :rofl:

Spoiler

A master piece :adore:
Original post by sinfonietta
If I can convince someone to go with me I'll see it. It does not scream "watch me!!" loud enough that I'd pay the combined £20 between transport/tickets to see it alone. :tongue:

Not even cute Piku :puppyeyes:. :rofl: Hope someone decides to join you :h:
What were they thinking?

sonic.jpg
Original post by 999tigger
What were they thinking?

sonic.jpg

:rofl:
:rofl:

Sorry not meant to be a thread hijack
You do realise that is the new sonic movie and they have given him teeth? Makes the Pikachu fur look normal.
Sorry not meant to be a thread hijack
You do realise that is the new sonic movie and they have given him teeth? Makes the Pikachu fur look normal.

No worries :h:

Yes what have they done to Sonic :sigh: Looks like he's been in the wash too many times then dragged through the garden and finally brushed with a comb :lol:

Pikachu's fur is much better :yep:
No worries :h:

Yes what have they done to Sonic :sigh: Looks like he's been in the wash too many times then dragged through the garden and finally brushed with a comb :lol:

Pikachu's fur is much better :yep:

Ryan Reynolds is quite a good side kick. Only other person would be The Rock, but hes probably too expensive.
Ryan Reynolds is quite a good side kick. Only other person would be The Rock, but hes probably too expensive.

He's hilarious as well. :lol: thats true although i don't know if i could imagine him being Pickachu :beard:
I'm seeing this today :woo: :pika:

Now I've just gotta stop seeing Deadpool every time Pikachu speaks :rofl:

What were they thinking?

sonic.jpg

I think this picture needs to be in a spoiler. It's just too offensive :facepalm:
Original post by sinfonietta

I might go alone. I'm in the middle of exam revision, no classes, next exam isn't until next Friday... and I live pretty much next door to the cinema and student tickets are £3.50 :lol: Why not eh
Reply 17
Original post by Quixote.
I might go alone. I'm in the middle of exam revision, no classes, next exam isn't until next Friday... and I live pretty much next door to the cinema and student tickets are £3.50 :lol: Why not eh

Do it! Sounds like the perfect situation to me :mmm:
He's hilarious as well. :lol: thats true although i don't know if i could imagine him being Pickachu :beard:

I see what you mean. I didnt wacth the trailer and realise he becomes..... Agree with you Reynolds is an excellent nad perhaps only choice because he doesnt take himself too seriously. Rock would be no good for this. As a human sidekick he would be fine as he shows in Rampage.
Original post by Gothic Kitten
I'm seeing this today :woo: :pika:

Now I've just gotta stop seeing Deadpool every time Pikachu speaks :rofl:

I think this picture needs to be in a spoiler. It's just too offensive :facepalm:

Needs a complete redesign, so it resembles the character better. Considering how far CGI has gone it looks nothing like the character.
Btw they sold the Pikachu role to Ryan Reynolds using a sample with the deadpool voice to show him how it worked.

Enjoy the film.

Quick Reply

Latest