The Student Room Group

how hard is it to get all 9s at gcse?

im predicted six 9s and four 8s but i dont know what to do to put myself in the highest band out there for those four other subjects (english language, english literature, physics,business). Id appreciate useful advice x
Imagine trying to kill yourself with a single elastic band... that's the difficulty. But hey if I got all 9s apart from 1 (French) in my mocks i don't see why you couldn't do it.
Original post by RiceSpice
Imagine trying to kill yourself with a single elastic band... that's the difficulty. But hey if I got all 9s apart from 1 (French) in my mocks i don't see why you couldn't do it.

would you recommend any tips or tricks which you used to get those AMAZING results??
Hey! I can really only help for business because that's one of the subjects I'm predicted a 9 in and have achieved a 9 over the last two mocks!
To get a 9 in business you have to readily apply context to 9 and 12 markers as if you're predicted a 8 you are most likely already getting full marks on 3 markers and 6 markers. To get the top marks you must apply business context to the question, such as if the case study is 'NANDOS' If the question is related to JUST IN TIME , you will have to talk about how they can run out of chicken , even if it's not mentioned in the case study.
Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by motivatedmadman
im predicted six 9s and four 8s but i dont know what to do to put myself in the highest band out there for those four other subjects (english language, english literature, physics,business). Id appreciate useful advice x
Original post by SchmuckOff
Hey! I can really only help for business because that's one of the subjects I'm predicted a 9 in and have achieved a 9 over the last two mocks!
To get a 9 in business you have to readily apply context to 9 and 12 markers as if you're predicted a 8 you are most likely already getting full marks on 3 markers and 6 markers. To get the top marks you must apply business context to the question, such as if the case study is 'NANDOS' If the question is related to JUST IN TIME , you will have to talk about how they can run out of chicken , even if it's not mentioned in the case study.
Hope this helps :smile:

thanks x
Reply 5
Physics bang out papers & revise content. English lang: practise structure for eaach and look over different language techniques. English Lit: Do essays on the main characters etc.
Original post by dx31
Physics bang out papers & revise content. English lang: practise structure for eaach and look over different language techniques. English Lit: Do essays on the main characters etc.

thanks i will do my best x
Reply 7
As far as I'm concerned, you have to be around the top 0.1% of the nation. Your odds are a little similar to getting 45 points in the IBDP.
Reply 8
:smile: Good luck!
Original post by motivatedmadman
thanks i will do my best x

Quick Reply

Latest