The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History: The Making of Modern Britain, 1951–2007, 7042/2S - 5 June 2019

Exam thread for depth paper

Scroll to see replies

Any predictions on what could come up? I feel like NI could come up as it hasn’t been tested yet. Really hate that topic!
How’s eveyone revising for this course. There’s just way too much content
I really like NI!! I've been typing up notes from the textbook and then just doing loads of practice questions...
Really, I absolutely hate it. I literally don’t understand any of it
Reply 5
History revision is stress, there is just so much
Reply 6
Have a strong feeling that Northern Ireland and Trade Unions will come up. But with exams being pushed forward to May I have to prioritise - there's so much to revise as well!!
Reply 7
What else do you think might come up? I havent done much revision on northern Ireland to be honest

Original post by s365
Have a strong feeling that Northern Ireland and Trade Unions will come up. But with exams being pushed forward to May I have to prioritise - there's so much to revise as well!!
I think it'll be focusing more on the earlier parts of the course as last year it was Blair/Major heavy and feminism and TUS in the 70s...
Original post by MGK
What else do you think might come up? I havent done much revision on northern Ireland to be honest
Reply 9
This is exactly what I was thinking! Something definitely to do with Wilson / Heath / Callaghan - Thank you!!

Original post by Freyahayless
I think it'll be focusing more on the earlier parts of the course as last year it was Blair/Major heavy and feminism and TUS in the 70s...
Anyone got any useful revision material for Briton? Quite underprepared as we had an awful teacher for this side of the course. Many thanks
Reply 11
No idea what else could come up, but Northern Ireland is something I'm hopeful - really like this part of the course. Do a skeletal timeline (1969-1998) and do broader notes on each event, that should help.

Original post by MGK
Reply 12
much appreciated! what is your paper 1 course study (mine is Tsarist and Communist Russia 1955-1964) ? I have some useful material if you need!
Original post by s365
No idea what else could come up, but Northern Ireland is something I'm hopeful - really like this part of the course. Do a skeletal timeline (1969-1998) and do broader notes on each event, that should help.
Original post by MGK
much appreciated! what is your paper 1 course study (mine is Tsarist and Communist Russia 1955-1964) ? I have some useful material if you need!

Lol have you got any material for making of modern Briton? Would be very helpful.
Reply 14
You’re welcome! Sadly, I do The Making Of A Superpower: USA 1865-1975
Original post by MGK
Hey, I have a basic timeline of Modern Britain right here. Feel free to take a look, of course, anyone else can take a look too. If there's anything wrong with the timeline or so on, feel free to comment on the doc and let me know, comment anything you would add in too. I did my best, but it's a basic timeline, not meant to go too into detail on certain issues.

Original post by User372828
Lol have you got any material for making of modern Briton? Would be very helpful.
Original post by CrusherKitty
Hey, I have a basic timeline of Modern Britain right here. Feel free to take a look, of course, anyone else can take a look too. If there's anything wrong with the timeline or so on, feel free to comment on the doc and let me know, comment anything you would add in too. I did my best, but it's a basic timeline, not meant to go too into detail on certain issues.

That’s amazing. Thank you so much. This will help me a lot as I have lots of gaps in my knowledge with this side of the course. In my other one I’ve got all notes for evey topic
What do you think the grade boundaries will be like for this year?
Original post by qasim2345
What do you think the grade boundaries will be like for this year?

It will defiantly go up this year. It’s 3rd year of new spec and every student is sure to give better answers as their more resources
Original post by User372828
It will defiantly go up this year. It’s 3rd year of new spec and every student is sure to give better answers as their more resources

Anyone think Thatcher could possibly come up? If it does, i think it will be involving Northern Ireland lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending