The Student Room Group

TFL Apprenticeship 2019 Discussion.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
TFL invite applicants to the one day assessment having passed all stages of the process. The next day they de invite you because they have too many applicants attending. Disorganised, cruel and not worth the bother if that is the type of employer they are. Shame on you TFL!!!!
Reply 81
Just wondering how many people have heard back from TFL for the general management apprenticeship so far? I haven't been told that I do/don't have it yet.
I know @gelle has been offered a position. I haven't heard either way and I had my AC over 3 weeks ago... if they don't let me know tomorrow I'm gonna give them a call.
Original post by MH2608
Just wondering how many people have heard back from TFL for the general management apprenticeship so far? I haven't been told that I do/don't have it yet.
(edited 4 years ago)
Me too! I had my ac on the 29th and havent heard back. I emailed them and they said results are going out on an ongoing basis as they are recieving them in batches.
Ah good, there is still hope then!
Original post by Domiihenriques
Me too! I had my ac on the 29th and havent heard back. I emailed them and they said results are going out on an ongoing basis as they are recieving them in batches.
Guys has anyone been officially invited for the finance apprenticeship AC on the 13th i’m Currently still waiting and I emailed them last week and they said they would be in touch through out this week and I still haven’t heard anything, how many days before the AC do they get in touch?
Original post by TNBIZAYI
Guys has anyone been officially invited for the finance apprenticeship AC on the 13th i’m Currently still waiting and I emailed them last week and they said they would be in touch through out this week and I still haven’t heard anything, how many days before the AC do they get in touch?

If you haven't heard by tomorrow evening I would give them a call on Friday. They usually let you know in the week before the AC.
I've got my invitation for it. I would call them tomorrow because they normally send you some more information about the AC which you need to prepare for in advance. I got my invite 3 weeks ago.
Original post by TNBIZAYI
What do you mean??? What has happened ?
Original post by Garage
TFL invite applicants to the one day assessment having passed all stages of the process. The next day they de invite you because they have too many applicants attending. Disorganised, cruel and not worth the bother if that is the type of employer they are. Shame on you TFL!!!!
Original post by Happygolucky01

Think they’re unhappy about the process. You get emailed about passing the video interview and that you MAYbe invited to the assessment centre but they can’t guarantee you a place. Most likely he didn’t get a place at the AC
Reply 90
Original post by Happygolucky01

Sent me an e mail saying I’d passed all stages and would be invited to an assessment in 3 days time. They asked not to reply if I could attend. I replied anyway, thanking them for the assessment day which I could attend. The following day, despite them again reiterating I had passed all stages they told me I hadn’t made the assessment day. I had got my hopes up and started to prepare for the assessment day. Obviously too many candidates were available to attend the assessment day and so they de invited me. What a complete shambles. Why invite me in the first place. TFL is not really that organised or certainly not a compassionate employer.
Anyone from general management ac's heard back yet? Im feeling a little disheartened now. My ac was on the 29th and still have not heard back. Most likely bad news?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Domiihenriques
Anyone from general management ac's heard back yet? Im feeling a little disheartened now. My ac was on the 29th and still have not heard back. Most likely bad news?

My AC was 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard back either. TfL have said that outcomes are being processed in batches, and being shared on an ongoing basis. Just because someone else has got the role already doesn't mean you don't. For reference, I know someone who has been accepted and another who has been rejected already for the GM apprenticeship. It's just a waiting game for now, with results to be expected (hopefully) within the next week or so.
Did you dial in to the conference call today? I didn't get a chance to...
Original post by alina28
Yeah I did, preparing for it now! Good luck to you too!!
Original post by harpyalex

Dial in isn’t really important information they give u there doesn’t even correspond to the day.
At mine they told me that the interviewers havent read your cv/seen your video interview which I thought was useful info
So you can reuse material you’ve mentioned before. I did this
Original post by gelle
Dial in isn’t really important information they give u there doesn’t even correspond to the day.
Reply 96
Yeah I dialed in. They said that there will be 24 people in total so 12 in the morning and 12 in the afternoon and we will be split into groups of 6 and depending on which group your in you will do the group exercise first or the interview first. Like Opti3000 said, they told us that they havent seen our cv or video interview and in the interview they will be asking what your motivation is for the scheme. Some people asked a few questions but the only one i can remember is whether we can take notes into the competency interview and they said no.
Original post by harpyalex
Original post by Opti3000
At mine they told me that the interviewers havent read your cv/seen your video interview which I thought was useful info
So you can reuse material you’ve mentioned before. I did this

At mine they told me it would be one interview and I asked again at the end, and she said it would be one interview, turned out being 2 separate interviews like said in the email the info they told me I already pretty much would assume as it’s people who work in recruitment who look at your cv, but yeah i’m just letting that know they did not miss much
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by gelle
At mine they told me it would be one interview and I asked again at the end, and she said it would be one interview, turned out being 2 separate interviews like said in the email the info they told me I already pretty much would assume as it’s people who work in recruitment who look at your cv, but yeah i’m just letting that know they did not miss much

I asked about the interviews too! I definitely think it depends on which scheme you apply for. Commercial property only had 1 interview. I imagine that for finance it might have 2 as well
Okay great that really helps! thanks so much :smile:
Original post by alina28
Yeah I dialed in. They said that there will be 24 people in total so 12 in the morning and 12 in the afternoon and we will be split into groups of 6 and depending on which group your in you will do the group exercise first or the interview first. Like Opti3000 said, they told us that they havent seen our cv or video interview and in the interview they will be asking what your motivation is for the scheme. Some people asked a few questions but the only one i can remember is whether we can take notes into the competency interview and they said no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending