The Student Room Group

GCSE BIOLOGY questions

have some questions..
1. can white blood cells undergo phagocytosis on bacteria?
2.can diffusion still occur across a partially permeable membrane?
3.can u say eukaryotes when describing organisms or do u use it for cells? Like can you say 'this organism is a eukaryote'
4. is lactic acid produced in cells themselves?
1. Phagocytosis is the process through which phagocytes engulf pathogens so yeah
2. Osmosis is simply the "diffusion" of water particles through a partially permeable membrane
3. I think what you're looking for is Multicellular organisms
4. lactic acids are produced in muscles during anaerobic respiration, so not to sure where you're going with that one
thank you! so do you said the organisms have eukaryotic cells? also if it isn't water, like oxygen into cells for example, do you still say it's diffusion across a partially permeable membrane?
Original post by PyroVulpese
1. Phagocytosis is the process through which phagocytes engulf pathogens so yeah
2. Osmosis is simply the "diffusion" of water particles through a partially permeable membrane
3. I think what you're looking for is Multicellular organisms
4. lactic acids are produced in muscles during anaerobic respiration, so not to sure where you're going with that one
Reply 3
Original post by Randomusername5
thank you! so do you said the organisms have eukaryotic cells? also if it isn't water, like oxygen into cells for example, do you still say it's diffusion across a partially permeable membrane?

No, diffusion has nothing to do with a partially permeable membrane
Original post by Randomusername5

Original post by gb0101
No, diffusion has nothing to do with a partially permeable membrane

I understand the confusion here but osmosis is the special case of diffusion involving water molecules, as a solvent. Diffusion is simply a form of movement that you can find in all sorts of different scenarios with different mediums and solvents in this case water and of course the partially permeable membrane

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending