The Student Room Group

Is UKIP now dead?

They will probably lose all their seats Batten will step down and then maybe they will be disbanded.
Reply 1
I hope so
I doubt it, they seem to be intent on just crawling along even if they have no hope of actually doing anything.

All the last few weeks show us, is what most of us already knew - UKIP was the farage party.. without him they are nothing, and farage can just come along create a brand new party, and the majority of their voters will go to him
Reply 3
Original post by karl pilkington
They will probably lose all their seats Batten will step down and then maybe they will be disbanded.

Depends on who will replace Batten, I wouldn't go too far to saying they'll be disbanded. The problem with Batten's leadership is that he's hired the controversial former leader of the EDL, Steven Yaxley Lennon as his political adviser and prominent members have left the party fearing that the party has now become a party fulled with racism and xenophobic views. Another problem with UKIP compared to Nige's Brexit Party is that the latter is offering certainty about their vision on Brexit whilst UKIP doesn't seem to do be doing so and they have made losses in the recent local elections.
Original post by Megxn0
I hope so

Me too, they should be.
They made the strategic decision to chase the basement dwelling neckbeard vote only to find that outside of the online trolling world, that is a very small demographic. So, yes, I think they are finished.
Most of their voters will probably follow wherever Nigel Farage goes to be honest so yes I believe UKIP will die.
Original post by karl pilkington

I highly doubt your assessment.

They will of course lose vote share on the last elections hand over fist but they will pull 5% I would imagine.

UKIP is very different to the brexit party now with the issues of free speech and Islamic issues at the fore front of what the party speaks about.

It will not die after this election however I doubt the party will have the same name in five years time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending