The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 1 14 May 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by : ).
does anyone have all the formulas of unit 1 and 2 noted down ??
itll be helpful thanks..
and THANKU FOR CREATING THIS THREAD @usman200186

I think Unit 1 formula sheet has every formula, except for drag force I think maybe. Unit 2 has some formulas, like the emf and crictical angle, node anti node etc
Original post by Nighthunter67
In the questions with the * does our answer need to be in the same order as the mark scheme like the points have to be in the same order??

"*" means you have to answer those questions carefully in a order that should make sense. You grammar and spellings are checked too. It should be in an order.
Original post by usman200186
"*" means you have to answer those questions carefully in a order that should make sense. You grammar and spellings are checked too. It should be in an order.

Yeah but does it have to be the same order as the mark scheme or any correct logical order
You did the old syllabus or new one?

Cuz in the old one all mcqs were pretty easy, the experiment was for finding center of gravity(that I'm practicing from class 7😂), The graph was for plank's constant, formula was given just take readings from graph. And Experiment was finding resistance for thermistor ez pz? You call this tough?

I did the old one and the questions were easy but unfamiliar it was tough in a way tht the questions were simple but i didnt know how to answer them
Yeah but does it have to be the same order as the mark scheme or any correct logical order

Nope, Markscheme is just an idea for examiners. You can write it in any sensible way
I did the old one and the questions were easy but unfamiliar it was tough in a way tht the questions were simple but i didnt know how to answer them

WHICH QUESTION WAS TOUGH? Umm.... but you are right about the experiment. It was some new sh*t.
WHICH QUESTION WAS TOUGH? Umm.... but you are right about the experiment. It was some new sh*t.

Wait oops i did the new syllabus sorry
Nope, Markscheme is just an idea for examiners. You can write it in any sensible way

Well thts a relief thnks
Wait oops i did the new syllabus sorry

Yeah, maybe it was hard i dunno
IMG_20190512_024630-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Can anyone please Explain me this? The correct answer is B. But that answer is not making any sense to me.... Cuz there is no head to tail rules and from when did we start taking the resultant in between two vector???
IMG_20190512_024630-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Can anyone please Explain me this? The correct answer is B. But that answer is not making any sense to me.... Cuz there is no head to tail rules and from when did we start taking the resultant in between two vector???

Option A is incorrect bcz the resultant should be in the opposite direction since they drew north first then east the resultant vector should be facing from north to east
Option C is incorrect because north and east should be joined head to tail but they arent
Option D is incorrect bcz in the parallelogram rule v dont draw head to tail we draw in the direction giving
Option B is correct bcz the north and east r facing the correct ways and the resultant is drawn where it shoukd be when following the paralellogram rule

Correct me if im wrong
Option A is incorrect bcz the resultant should be in the opposite direction since they drew north first then east the resultant vector should be facing from north to east
Option C is incorrect because north and east should be joined head to tail but they arent
Option D is incorrect bcz in the parallelogram rule v dont draw head to tail we draw in the direction giving
Option B is correct bcz the north and east r facing the correct ways and the resultant is drawn where it shoukd be when following the paralellogram rule

Correct me if im wrong

Makes sense I totally forgot about the parallelogram rule.

Correct me if im wrong

Btw edexcel papers are rigged I think. For example, some times If I write that this is inaccurate due to Parallax error when measuring from meter rule. But in the markscheme its due to any other reason and there's written *reject parallax error😂. And If I write some other error then there is written in mark scheme only accept parallax error😂😂😂. I literally cry when this happens
Reply 53
You did the old syllabus or new one?

Cuz in the old one all mcqs were pretty easy, the experiment was for finding center of gravity(that I'm practicing from class 7😂), The graph was for plank's constant, formula was given just take readings from graph. And Experiment was finding resistance for thermistor ez pz? You call this tough?

Haha, I did the new one
Reply 54
how do u know they drew north first...?
the question said he traveled 90m east then 50m north
?

Correct me if im wrong
?

Yeah this can also be a reason, but the option B has the correct method tho. All others are incorrectly combined
Reply 56
yea good point...i just noticed...
i didn't know how to use the parallelogram method unit u sent this Q..
Yeah this can also be a reason, but the option B has the correct method tho. All others are incorrectly combined

im really hopeless at this point..i dont think my brain was cut out for this unit...
yea good point...i just noticed...
i didn't know how to use the parallelogram method unit u sent this Q..
im really hopeless at this point..i dont think my brain was cut out for this unit...

Haha its just exam anxiety bro don't worry you'll do fine. Just keep revising and focus on your weak points.
Reply 58
less than two days left... good luck everyone!
?

Bcz usually writing is from left to right and they drew north on the left hence they drew it first idk bro this exams driving me nuts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending