The Student Room Group

Instagram model films herself breaking 200 year old statue for views

The sad thing is the revenue from the views she gets will more than make up for the fine.

Social media was a mistake.

https://streamable.com/i4vtg
Takes a special kind of idiot to film yourself doing this, hope she gets prosecuted and the judge throws the book at her.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
The sad thing is the revenue from the views she gets will more than make up for the fine.

The girl's on about 1,500 followers and the video isn't on her IG anymore, the Streamable link is probably a reupload from somebody else who downloaded before she realised how moronic it was to publicise video of herself vandalising a statue. She's not getting paid enough to handle legal bills unless it got a few million hits before deleting/delisting it from her page, if she was able to monetise such a tiny account in the first place.
Original post by SuplexCity45
Takes a special kind of idiot to film yourself doing this, hope she gets prosecuted and the judge throws the book at her.

Not really. Scandal is a great way to kickstart a social media career. Kim Kardashian (iirc the largest Instagrammer) herself managed to make a career of being a talentless airhead by leaking her own sex tape.
(edited 4 years ago)
its happening to the enviroment as well.

I follow a lot of photography sites and blogs, and instagram damage has been all over the news for the past two years. Its always the same story:

1, Beautiful natural location that's normally only visted by a small number of people.. most of which are hikers/people who are outdoor hobbiests/ramblers/photographers etc.

2, Instagram star finds it, takes a few pictures, and geo-tags the location so everyone knows where it is..

3, Thousands of young people flood the place causing chaos and a ecological damage. There is often no adequate parking, the paths are not normall designed for any substantial volume at all, and there is often no facilities, toilets or waste disposal. All of them want to re-create the photo for their own instagram, or just feel part of the trend.

- The result is lots of stories of damage to natural enviroments, rubish being left in normally beautiful places, roads jammed by parked cars, because there is no parking etc. The most recent example of this was a place in america that has fields of natural orange poppies that bloom. A few instagramers go there, and now the small towns roads are gridlocked with cars.. a large number of the flowers have been destroyed, because the trendy shot was to lay down in them, squashing manny.. there is rubbish all over the place. etc.

Instagramers just need to know the impact that they can have on historical and natural sites. They are sheep hearders, and where ever they go/tag a hoard of sheep will follow. They should carefully think about whether each place can actually handle a heard of sheep, or whether their actions will destroy something precious.

In general, if you want to be good to the enviroment, don't geo-tag your photos/posts.
Original post by AngeryPenguin

It's a normal vandalism, only with cameras. She should get a fine that'd really hurt her pocket. The risk is, if she earned a lot on it, she would make it again anyway if this was profitable.

There is also another option that you'd not accept, although it is possible to execute it in a safe way if it was legal and properly sort out and imho for people so stupid as that girl, it would be the most if not only effective way:

In the early 90ies we had a pretty big problem with vandalism in Poland. You know how the police have solved the problem?
They were patrolling a lot and when they caught a vandal, they were literally beating him badly. I spoke to some people who were treated that way, they said it was a good lesson for them. They were beaten in a way that did not give any dangerous injuries, but they could feel pain for weeks.

Once the politicians started doing something to curb down the police's brutality, the numbers of accidents at police stations went up.
Up to this day people are afraid of being arrested for property damage or assault, as a couple of years ago it was still happening that those arrested under such charges were 'falling off stairs'.
Original post by SlightlySummer
She should get arrested, and her social medias deleted asap

Now I checked that this stupid girl is actually from Poland.

She'll probably won't 'fall of the stairs' (girl, too modern times and the case might be too loud), but she won't get away with it. Damaging a monument is 1-10 years of prison charge according to the Polish criminal law.

I'm investigating what's happened right now. It looks like she did it just a day ago, and there were no surveillance cameras around. The case by now has probably been reported to the police, her identity is known, she has lost her modelling agency contract already and it looks like it's in her best interest to be arrested if she doesn't want to have her nose broken by civilians.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Mmm i preferred the video of the Chinese blogger getting attacked by her Octopus lunch
Instagram is a complete waste of time. Just to make people and so called "models" feel important and then do stupid things like this to increase popularity by being stupid. It's like high school drama BS.
Reply 9
shes everything that is wrong with todays young generation. God she has such a punchable face
Can anyone be an Instagram model? 1500 followers is minuscule.
What a tw**.
from the minor new sources i've managed to find on her it seems as if shes already deleted her facebook account for some reason. that insinuates that shes been getting a lot of abuse for what she did and rightly so. if facebook goes first the next to go will be her instagram 'career'. so she may have made a wee bit of revenue but so what, doubt her popularity is going to blossom much from here on out
I had managed to visit her facebook profile before she deleted it, read news on the Polish sites where this video popped up, and managed to find out some I think all there is. The public is obviously furious, we've lost enough monuments during many wars and the last time suffered horrendous damage during WWII so from that point onwards she will be associated with the worst memories from history.

She has destroyed a statue that was placed in 'Switzerland Valley' - one of Warsaw's antigue recreation parks from 1786. The statue was not 200 years old, for the park was completely destroyed in World War II, specifically during Warsaw Uprising in 1944.
The sculpture was a post-war recontruction, but considered as an antique by the Polish law anyway. The Restorer's office has already informed the Prosecutors office.

Polish law states that destruction of property is a criminal offence for which you can go to prison for from 3 months up to 5 years. However there is also a thing called 'qulified type of destruction' which says that destruction of goods specifically valuable for culture means punishment from 1 to 10 years of prison.

She will however most likely be charged according to the laws from the Bill on Preservation of Antiques.
This means she will face criminal charges. The punishment for such crime is paying full costs of restoration and 0.5 up to 8 years of prison. She will also have criminal record for 10 years after she will have been released. This effectively means it would not be legal to hire her for many jobs and many employers will be reluctant to hire her whatever the job.

She has already lost her modelling contract, and will most probably be removed from the list of students by her university, for disgraceful behavior, before the trial even starts.
Anyway it's the end of her career, whichever she was trying to pursuit.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending