The Student Room Group

Hollywood to boycott Georgia

https://bbc.in/2HhZ3ib

Following Georgia's proposed abortion bill, 50 Hollywood 'stars' have threatened to boycott the state.

However, considering Hollywood stars are still to be found in the US, despite many stating they would leave the US if President Trump won in 2016, I don't think anyone is taking this boycott seriously.
Reply 1
I thought you meant the country for a second there :lol: Either way, i'm sure Georgia will be able to keep buggering on sans 50 people.
Reply 2
There's something unpalatable about the way these people use any cause for self-promotion but this is a cool paroxysm of theirs:

Actress and #MeToo advocate Alyssa Milano also urged women on Saturday to join her in a sex strike in protest.

So she won't have sex until women can abort whenever they feel like, she says. It's unclear whether she is able to get some at all at the moment, she must be desperate for work.

These people suck, it's all a PR game for them and their agents.
Only a guess but wouldn't very pro abortion women most likely be with a pro partner?
It's such a strongly divisive subject I couldn't think otherwise.
So the only people they are hurting are themselves and those they care for, that agree with them anyway.
Original post by z-hog
So she won't have sex until women can abort whenever they feel like, she says. It's unclear whether she is able to get some at all at the moment, she must be desperate for work.

These people suck, it's all a PR game for them and their agents.
Reply 4
Original post by Just my opinion
Only a guess but wouldn't very pro abortion women most likely be with a pro partner?
It's such a strongly divisive subject I couldn't think otherwise.
So the only people they are hurting are themselves and those they care for, that agree with them anyway.

A lot of these 'pro-abortion' women wouldn't have one themselves, I know a couple like that. It's all a PR game for these Slebs.
Because Georgia cares what a bunch of self important actors think..
Georgia will somehow struggle on without these really, really important people

:rolleyes:
See what happens, but it says film and TV contribute $2.7 billion and supports 92,000 jobs.

Does Georgia need that money?

Have to see what happens with the bill and whether other people start opposing it and they switch to other states.
Original post by z-hog

Alyssa Milano’s “sex strike” is possibly one of the most stupid things I’ve ever heard about.

“I’m going to abstain from sex because I can’t risk getting pregnant” - that’s the whole point of the pro-life side of the debate, that people who don’t want children ought to avoid pregnancy through abstinence, rather than by terminating a pregnancy after it has already occurred. It’s not a threat, it’s exactly what they want.

It’s not as if policy makers will now think “oh dear we won’t get to have sex with Alyssa Milano anymore, we’d better reverse our decision!” Nobody even knows nor cares whether she’s actually sticking to that pledge or not.

To me it just sounds like attention seeking from a person with an inflated ego.
Reply 9
Original post by tazarooni89
To me it just sounds like attention seeking from a person with an inflated ego.

That's it in a nutshell, why look for any other meaning to it when there is none?
Just your standard Hollywood virtue signalling, we can all move on.
The day I look to Hollywood celebrities for moral guidance is the day Satan gets snowed in.
Reply 12
Another thing about Georgia is that the Democrats like to peddle the conspiracy theory that Stacey Abrams won the vote at the last but was robbed by the Republicans, enough to get these characters in Hollywood to trample over each other to signal their virtue and immediate availability for any type of work that may be going in the industry. It's all a bit nauseating but some people are like that.
The only reason Hollywood likes to film in Georgia is that it is cheaper then many other states as many Democrat policies in other states make it more expensive. Their own ideology stops them filming in some states.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending