The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Spanish 7692 Paper 2 7th June 2019

This poll is closed

How did Paper 2 go?

Great33%
Alright 61%
Bad6%
Total votes: 49
Opening up a thread for us people doing the AQA A-Level Spanish Exam this year - this is for Paper 2 the essay writing paper on the film and book you have studied. Feel free to ask questions to people that you have books/films in common with about revision and the exam etc. Lets boss this together:smile: @Evil Homer

Scroll to see replies

Hello, how do you usually revise for this paper ?
Reply 2
Original post by maireadheneghan
Hello, how do you usually revise for this paper ?

I make revision cards on themes, characters, plot, writer/director's technique; I make posters as well; I also find any past paper questions for my book (La Casa de Bernarda Alba) and film (El Laberinto del Fauno) and practice making essay plans from those- tests your knowledge and ability to make essay plans (normally give myself 5 to 10 mins to do one to practice under time pressure)
The revision guides by Hodder education are pretty good and there's loads of online resources made by teachers... hope that helps!
thats really helpful - how have you been revising for paper 1 and the speaking exam??
Original post by BHSC
I make revision cards on themes, characters, plot, writer/director's technique; I make posters as well; I also find any past paper questions for my book (La Casa de Bernarda Alba) and film (El Laberinto del Fauno) and practice making essay plans from those- tests your knowledge and ability to make essay plans (normally give myself 5 to 10 mins to do one to practice under time pressure)
The revision guides by Hodder education are pretty good and there's loads of online resources made by teachers... hope that helps!
Reply 4
Original post by etherealism
thats really helpful - how have you been revising for paper 1 and the speaking exam??

Paper 1- I find paper 1 pretty hard to revise for and always procrastinate. But i put all the vocab into quizlet...and then use their learn/game functions to learn the vocab. I don't use Memrise but I've heard it can be quite good, so you can give that a try. I find translations the hardest so I just practice them...a lot. And I practice doing the summaries under timed conditions, whilst trying to keep it under 90 words. If you have Kerboodle at your sixth form (i have no idea if it's just my sixth form, or if everyone has it) then they do lists of vocab that are different to the book vocab and the exercises are harder so when you do the real thing it seems easier (my teacher might just like torturing us tbh)

Speaking- my sixth form has a lady that does half an hour speaking with us a week, so we use that to practice the cards. At home I also practice doing the five minute planning for the cards- there's loads on the AQA website I think. For the IRP, I rote learn the presentation like we did for the old language GCSE, and I guess there's no real way to prepare for the questions apart from practice. If your teacher is doing your actual speaking exam with you, i guess that's good practice in terms of the questions they might ask you.

Hope that helps and isn't too long!
That’s great, thank you ! Does that usually work for you in past mocks ?
Original post by BHSC
Reply 6
Original post by maireadheneghan
That’s great, thank you ! Does that usually work for you in past mocks ?

It does- in the year 13 mocks we've just done, I got an A* ! I also focus on the analysis during the exam and try and get as many marks for analysis as possible just in case I lose marks for the grammar side (not my strength!)
Has anyone done their speaking exam yet?? Mines tomorrow and honestly no idea how I’m going to get through it! Any tips on the best things and ways to revise for it would be helpful :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by isthatnataliee
Has anyone done their speaking exam yet?? Mines tomorrow and honestly no idea how I’m going to get through it! Any tips on the best things and ways to revise for it would be helpful :smile:

I did mine about a week and a half ago! You will be absolutely fine and you definitely know more Spanish than you think! Just make sure you have your IRP down to pat and it doesn't go over the 2 minutes. The card was fine, as long as you remember to ask 2 questions and they will ask you 2 unknown questions too. For the card, when I had to choose, I went for the one that I could talk the most about...so I could fill the 5/6 mins. I went over my research notes I made whilst I was doing the IRP before the exam, just to remind me about the topic etc. It goes by pretty fast...good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!!
Reply 9
Hey Guys, has anyone else done their speaking card?

What topics did you get?! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by catsq234
Hey Guys, has anyone else done their speaking card?

What topics did you get?! :smile:

I got one of immigration and the problems immigrants face and there was one of women I think?
you're a star!

Do you remember roughly what questions they asked you on them, as I had that one for my mock and struggled to think of things to say :/

Thank you :smile:
Original post by BHSC
I got one of immigration and the problems immigrants face and there was one of women I think?
Reply 12
Haha thank you! Something to do with how we can end problems immigrants face, the sorts of problems they face, why the face the problems they do (racism, lack of education in the host country etc) When is your exam?

Good Luck!! :smile:
Thank you very much!

I have it next Tuesday, just very nervous about it. Thank you :smile:

(Original post by BHSC)
Haha thank you! Something to do with how we can end problems immigrants face, the sorts of problems they face, why the face the problems they do (racism, lack of education in the host country etc) When is your exam?

Not sure if you'll remember or if you looked at it, but do you know what the other card was asking about, don't worry if you don't :smile:
Original post by BHSC

Reply 15
Believe it was on women's rights??? You'll be fine (easier said, I know) i was really nervous too until I got in there and I was fine after that. Let me know how it goes!
Reply 16
Thank you so much!!Was it anything specifically to do with racial discrimination in housing by any chance??
Reply 17
Haha yes it was that exactly!!
Reply 18
Greatttt!!! Thank you
Original post by BHSC
Haha yes it was that exactly!!
would that be under "El Racismo" or the "Igualdad de los sexos" do you think?
Original post by RDL123
Thank you so much!!Was it anything specifically to do with racial discrimination in housing by any chance??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending