The Student Room Group

english literature gcse 2019

any predictions for what will turn up for jekyll and hyde, romeo and juliet, an inspector calls or the power and conflict poems? also, how's everyone revising?
Reply 1
What exam board are you on?

For WJEC, I'm supposing Ozymandias for the power and conflict poems. Or Manhunt.
I'm doing AQA, and Ozymandius came up last year unfortunately. It was originally meant to be Poppies but it got leaked, and was changed to Ozymandius. Therefore, I don't know if that means I should focus less on Power of Man/Time etc.
Original post by antics
What exam board are you on?

For WJEC, I'm supposing Ozymandias for the power and conflict poems. Or Manhunt.
For R+J I think it will be a character question because the past 2 years were themes,
maybe - mercutio or romeo, could be something like to what extent is benvolio shown to be a peacemaker or to what extent is mercutio shown to be a provocative character.

For J+H I have a feeling it might be something like knowledge and power as a good/bad thing, or maybe how good/evil is presented - or How is Hyde presented in the novella.

For AIC - I feel like it could be a character question on Mr Birling, Sheila or Edna. I feel like there isnt going to be a theme question but one of the statement ones.
People are thinking the Inspector Calls question might be about Gerald and about the relationship with Sheila, according to my English teacher

Not so sure about the Romeo and Juliet question though.
Yeah, this sounds quite likely. I think I'm going to make a list of quotes for more characters - thank you!
Original post by mjisalive
For R+J I think it will be a character question because the past 2 years were themes,
maybe - mercutio or romeo, could be something like to what extent is benvolio shown to be a peacemaker or to what extent is mercutio shown to be a provocative character.

For J+H I have a feeling it might be something like knowledge and power as a good/bad thing, or maybe how good/evil is presented - or How is Hyde presented in the novella.

For AIC - I feel like it could be a character question on Mr Birling, Sheila or Edna. I feel like there isnt going to be a theme question but one of the statement ones.
Yeah, I've heard that too. He hasn't come up yet, and I think it could definitely be likely. Anyway, there's going to be a choice of 2 questions thankfully, so I'm assuming the other could be on a theme of the play.
Original post by MinaxPoppy
People are thinking the Inspector Calls question might be about Gerald and about the relationship with Sheila, according to my English teacher

Not so sure about the Romeo and Juliet question though.
for Romeo and Juliet I think it will not be on a main character. I think it could be the friar, nurse, Mercutio or tybalt
It would more likely be the Friar than the Nurse because the nature of Motherhood has been mentioned before, but I'd see Mercutio or Tybalt as a more likely outcome.
Original post by xrebeccaxm
for Romeo and Juliet I think it will not be on a main character. I think it could be the friar, nurse, Mercutio or tybalt
last year was Tybalt and the year before was Juliet so I think it will be Love or fate

Original post by yardbirdsuite
It would more likely be the Friar than the Nurse because the nature of Motherhood has been mentioned before, but I'd see Mercutio or Tybalt as a more likely outcome.

Quick Reply

Latest