The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

What precisely are the subjects taught in Translation Studies BA at Royal Holloway?

Hello,
I applied to a Bachelor of Arts at Royal Holloway University : Translation Studies. I can't find the exact titles of each subject taught in this course.
Anyone who can help me?
Thank you!
Original post by flore84
Hello,
I applied to a Bachelor of Arts at Royal Holloway University : Translation Studies. I can't find the exact titles of each subject taught in this course.
Anyone who can help me?
Thank you!

Contact them and ask for a more detailed course structure.

[email protected]
Admissions office: +44 (0)1784 414944
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by flore84
Hello,
Anyone who can help me?
Thank you!

Hi flore84,

As 999Tigger suggested, I would also recommend speaking to the department as they will be able to give you the most up to date course structure.

Susana :smile:
Well there is, Electronic tools for Translators, Translation Process and Procedures, Translating Text and Culture, Managing Translation, Practical Resources for Translators etc. We focus on CAT tools and how variation in different cultures affects how you approach a translation. Identifying textual features of a text. Creating briefs. There is a lot more to it but this is some of it. Hope it helps.
Original post by flore84
Hello,
Anyone who can help me?
Thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by Jamezito
Well there is, Electronic tools for Translators, Translation Process and Procedures, Translating Text and Culture, Managing Translation, Practical Resources for Translators etc. We focus on CAT tools and how variation in different cultures affects how you approach a translation. Identifying textual features of a text. Creating briefs. There is a lot more to it but this is some of it. Hope it helps.

oh so that's very different from what i (finally) found on the website! weird,,but thanks!
This is the programme specification for last year's offering (however it may have changed, so do ask the department):

https://intranet.royalholloway.ac.uk/studyhere/progspecs/repository/modernlanguages/ug/translation-studies-from-2018-ug-programme-specification-latest.pdf

Essentially you do a quarter of your courses in the target language, a quarter in translation modules (either general or linked to the target language) and half you choose among options in the department (which may be a second language). You can take a year abroad in third year (making the course four years long). It can also be combined with other subjects as an equal, major or minor subject.
(edited 4 years ago)
Might be a different structure at other universities. I'm at London Metropolitan in my second year of BA Translation.
Original post by flore84
oh so that's very different from what i (finally) found on the website! weird,,but thanks!
Reply 7
Original post by Jamezito
Might be a different structure at other universities. I'm at London Metropolitan in my second year of BA Translation.

indeed it's not the same, but thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending