The Student Room Group

National 5 History 2018-19

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zras83
Yo don’t worry bro, i’m doing the atlantic slave trade aswell and i find it the hardest to learn of the three i’m studying (i’m also doing the era of the great war and hitler and nazi germany). i guess i’m just persisting on and making sure i get it all learnt before the exam. also flash cards are quite useful. i usually go through them and separate the ones i do know and the ones i don’t know, and then i can prioritise my weaker areas. however these are sometimes quite time consuming but they are really effective in the end. history for me is the subject that has the most content to learn.

Thank you :smile:
I'm starting to get a little worried. I've only done past papers, and I still don't know how to do the evaluate the usefulness questions, and we never covered Nazi Germany in class and were expected to self-teach it as we ran out of time due to my teacher being absent a lot.
Original post by aingidh
I'm starting to get a little worried. I've only done past papers, and I still don't know how to do the evaluate the usefulness questions, and we never covered Nazi Germany in class and were expected to self-teach it as we ran out of time due to my teacher being absent a lot.

Just look over the notes you have for the topics and if you don’t have any notes use BBC Bitesize or google what you need to know, etc. You still have a few days to study so you should hopefully be okay :smile:

Attachment not found

This is the formula I was taught and my teacher is an sqa marker so yeah use that if you understand it. If not, Mr Marr on YouTube explains how to do it I’m sure. So just do loads of practice questions.

Really hope I helped :smile: Good luck!
(edited 4 years ago)
My teacher made us a booklet on how to answer every question type if anyone needs it?
Reply 24
Yes please!
Original post by Button222
My teacher made us a booklet on how to answer every question type if anyone needs it?
Reply 25
Yes please! Could you send it to me thank you so much
I feel like I’ve left history so late, we had some revision lessons before study leave but I never really focused and chatted with my friend a lot, I’ve had English Spanish and chemistry this week so there wasn’t any time for history, what is the best way of revision to cram as much as possible? I also have french on Tuesday :frown: and I really want to do well in both of them as they are my favourite subjects and I’m doing them for higher next year
I’m the same - French the next day, then Physics after that... I’ve only just finished Chemistry this afternoon too.
I'm really struggling with actually finishing the exam! I got a C on my prelim - Section A 84%, Section B 87% and then Section C 2%!!!!!!!

I love history so much but if i get a C my school wont let me take it to higher - its a subject im considering for uni! Any tips on how to speed up would be a godsend
Hoping I’ll be able to successfully do the exam although I’ve hardly revised today or before today :frown: no motivation
Reply 30
There’s too much to learn for history ngl
So ummm I’ve barely studied and I have so much to do, what should I do??? there’s so much to do and I don’t think I have enough time.
(edited 4 years ago)
I’ve been going through past papers and topics we have done in class and just writing down notes on each question. I’d say it saves time to study more topics but you need to make sure you know how to still answer the questions properly in the exam.
Original post by chloe863
So ummm I’ve barely studied and I have so much to do, what should I do??? there’s so much to do and I don’t think I have enough time.
Anyone have any tips on how to learn the entire history course in 1 day hahah? I’ve been too busy with physics
Original post by beth1709
Anyone have any tips on how to learn the entire history course in 1 day hahah? I’ve been too busy with physics

Hehe I need this too but I don’t know anything from the full Atlantic slave trade topic :smile:
I’d suggest just looking over your notes and loads of practice questions or past papers. Good luck!
Best of luck for tomorrow guys! Hope the questions are from the topics we know! Really really anxious now :frown:
I’ve still not started studying hahaha
But good luck to everyone
Ahhh I still have 12 topics to do, I’ve not done any practice questions and I don’t think anything is going into my head!!!
Original post by beth1709
I’ve still not started studying hahaha

Same, I’ve barely studied I don’t know how to answer 2 questions about like a full topic.

Could I still pass if I miss out all of the questions for one topic (like the full Atlantic slave trade topic)?

Does anyone know key things about the Atlantic Slavs trade I should learn?

Good luck everyone :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending