The Student Room Group

AQA Further Pure 3 Wednesday 15th May [Exam Discussion]

How's everyone feeling for this exam?
Reply 1
Original post by mattiepearce
How's everyone feeling for this exam?

Think everyone sitting this today were resitting only. I just finished, I'd say it was fairly easy; a majority of the questions have been featured in previous past papers. Expect 67 for an A* and 73 for 100 UMS.

Answers I remember (Apologies for the format, don't really know how to use latex):

Q1. 1.5324
Q2. Integral question with limits: (i) -1/4 and (ii) -1/32
Q3. Polar Qn: P: (1, 0), Show that area= 4/15 (integration by inspection)
Q4. Differential equation: Too long to remember, fairly standard though.
Q5. Lim x-> 0 ((lncos^2x/ 3x^2+ x^3) = -1/3 (See June 2017, Q3 (A) (iii))
Q6. ?
Q7. Use integrating factor to reach: Y= e^-2x(x^2-6x+C) + 3
Use condition: at x=1 dy/dx=0 to find your constant=3
Asymptote: y=3 (use limits to show)
Area of triangle PMQ: 2e^-2 * sqrt(6) (AREA: 1/2 *height of triangle (3-(3-2e^-2)) * width (2sqrt(6)))
Q8. (a) Co-ordinates of A: (3/2, -pi/6)
(b) Find the length of OB in exact form: 1/4 (1+sqrt(13)) (Exactly same question as june 2015 Q7)b)i/ii but r2: 1-sin(theta), so the Eqn of line cutting r1: rsin(theta)= -3/4

Please correct me if I made a mistake, or if you remember the missing question. Thanks!
Yeah I was resitting too mate. I agree with you except I was unable to do the last part of 7, the and the last part of the polar, I also could seem to get the d/eqn in the right form for the substitution question, reckon I'm high 60s though all in all.
Reply 3
Original post by mattiepearce
Yeah I was resitting too mate. I agree with you except I was unable to do the last part of 7, the and the last part of the polar, I also could seem to get the d/eqn in the right form for the substitution question, reckon I'm high 60s though all in all.

Check the 2015 paper to understand the last part of Q7. That's great though, what other modules are you resitting?
Original post by SM45367
Check the 2015 paper to understand the last part of Q7. That's great though, what other modules are you resitting?

Yeah, I knew I'd done one before, and I found one of the minimum points(although I think it'll be a follow through mark from getting the value for c incorrect). And I'm doing FP2 and d1, as well as this one. Hoping for a B overall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending