The Student Room Group

cramming geography and english

ive done some revision, but i know its not enough and im aiming for a 7, someone an expert crammer p l s help me?
Reply 1
Original post by Coolkitkat23
ive done some revision, but i know its not enough and im aiming for a 7, someone an expert crammer p l s help me?

I crammed last year the night before the geography exam with no revision done before that. Just get the cgp book and highlight as many times as you can then get someone to test you on each section or cover it up with paper and try and remember as much as you can. Repeat this process as much as you can. I ended up getting a 9 through this.
Reply 2
Also try and go as quick as you can, I remember a lot of people last year ran out of time. Also learn command words some questions you don't even need much knowledge like the analyse questions. Also if you are really screwed before the exam just learn case studies as it will grab you marks on the 6 and 9 markers
d a m n thats clever, ok so i got a 6 in the last mock, and my memory is truly rusty, you must be a genius, also we do edexcel geography a so there is no cgp book for it
Original post by Psaa
I crammed last year the night before the geography exam with no revision done before that. Just get the cgp book and highlight as many times as you can then get someone to test you on each section or cover it up with paper and try and remember as much as you can. Repeat this process as much as you can. I ended up getting a 9 through this.
thanks dude again! im trying my best to learn them lol, any tips for english? i feel so scared
Original post by Psaa
Also try and go as quick as you can, I remember a lot of people last year ran out of time. Also learn command words some questions you don't even need much knowledge like the analyse questions. Also if you are really screwed before the exam just learn case studies as it will grab you marks on the 6 and 9 markers
Reply 5
for english all i do is watch mr salles/mr bruff/stacey reay videos and then the occasional exam question.

definitely reread the play/novella

i crammed my mocks and still got a 9 lol, but that’s only because i really like english
ohhhhhhh thanks my dude, i watch mr bruff and stacey reay sometimes, i dont do much for poetry but im planning to dedicate a whole day for revision for english ang geography. I hate english o o f :I
Original post by Wonyo
for english all i do is watch mr salles/mr bruff/stacey reay videos and then the occasional exam question.

i crammed my mocks and still got a 9 lol, but that’s only because i really like english
Reply 7
Original post by Coolkitkat23
d a m n thats clever, ok so i got a 6 in the last mock, and my memory is truly rusty, you must be a genius, also we do edexcel geography a so there is no cgp book for it

I also got a six in the mock, go into the exam aiming to get a 9 and you may surprise yourself
thanks dude! i hope luck works out cause i havent done any paper 3 revision o o f
Original post by Psaa
I also got a six in the mock, go into the exam aiming to get a 9 and you may surprise yourself
hang on did you make any notes? ( i hate making notes)

Original post by Wonyo

Reply 10
i barely take notes for english outside of class. all i do is videos -> exam questions -> look at level 9 exemplars -> learn what i could’ve put in -> repeat
thanks dude i got a 6 for the mocks so i hope ill do better oof
Original post by Wonyo
i barely take notes for english outside of class. all i do is videos -> exam questions -> look at level 9 exemplars -> learn what i could’ve put in -> repeat

Quick Reply

Latest