The Student Room Group

Physics equations & English Lit quotes

RIGHT I have been *revising* since way before the Easter holidays and am confident about most of my gcse exams coming up (starting next week omg)

However I’ve been finding remembering the physics equations terrifying. I’ve decided, worst comes to worst I could blag it right?

I mean if there are two numbers yeah and I can’t remember the equations, it’s either multiply or divide. If I do divide and it’s a tiny tiny tiny number and it’s asking me about momentum, I know it’s multiply right? Like I shouldn’t worry tooo much right? Or should I be like trying to memorise these equations like there is no tomorrow?

+++ the same sort of issue for English lit.

I know I’m Paper one they give you an extract, and my friend said you don’t need to remember a gross amount of quotes to pass this one as you can use from extract. I’m not so worried about paper two as you’ve got the unseen poetry which is a curve ball but always a bit easier bc you don’t have to remember mad quotes.

So anyway my question is should I be panicking about the quotes (I already know a lot But is it better to be safe than sorry?) and the equations and is my mixed matched technique valid or will I be screwed?
Reply 1
What exam board are you with? And what quotes do you need to learn apart from the poetry quotes? With physics if you are doing higher you will need to know the equations if you are doing double science or foundation or what ever you don’t need to work so much
Original post by Denoted
What exam board are you with? And what quotes do you need to learn apart from the poetry quotes? With physics if you are doing higher you will need to know the equations if you are doing double science or foundation or what ever you don’t need to work so much

I’m with Aqa and we’re doing r&j, acc And aic. I’m doing combined science foundation.
maybe you could work the equation out from the units? Like if you need to find speed and the units are m/s then you know its distance / time
Reply 4
Original post by Satanicfaeries
I’m with Aqa and we’re doing r&j, acc And aic. I’m doing combined science foundation.

In regards to physics, just make sure you know your basic equations D=ST KE=1/2MV² etc, and you’ll be fine, the trick to physics is to think logically and use common sense like you said.
With your Romeo and Juliet, make sure you have key quotes with the analysis, I’m unsure what “acc” and “aic” are. Just do a couple hours of revision don’t stress about them. When your just out and about or in the shower even try to recite and remember the quations and quotes.

Best of luck
Denoted
Reply 5
I’m doing the same English texts and I’m so stuck trying to revise
Original post by User3000
I’m doing the same English texts and I’m so stuck trying to revise

Ive been using a mixture of flash cards and just rewriting the quotes over and over again to try and remember. Ngl I literally have no idea what kinda question is gonna come up so I’m nervous as anything
Reply 7
Original post by Satanicfaeries
Ive been using a mixture of flash cards and just rewriting the quotes over and over again to try and remember. Ngl I literally have no idea what kinda question is gonna come up so I’m nervous as anything

Me too, our teachers don’t have a clue either so I’m worried lmaooo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending