The Student Room Group

I stole something now I feel absolutely horrible

I am not the “type” to do anything like this at all. I was in a shop the other day, and was in the changing rooms and had taken in a pair of shoes with me as well as jeans. I have had a bit of a rough time lately, and obviously that’s no excuse but I had a bit of a “screw everything” type of attitude. I took the tag off the shoes and put them in my bag. I paid for the jeans. I left the store and the security alarm went off, I’m guessing there’s some sort of security thing still in the shoes or something. I just carried on walking and wasn’t chased or anything. Well now I just feel incredibly guilty for taking them, I wish I had never done it. I’m worried they’re now going to look at the camera and see it was me that set them off and find me considering I paid with card and they know my details maybe? The shoes were worth about £35 I think. I really hate myself for doing this, I had no right at all to do it and I just regret it so much. Do you think I will get tracked down at all? I wish I could just to back in time. I hate myself for it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lisslol
I am not the “type” to do anything like this at all. I was in a shop the other day, and was in the changing rooms and had taken in a pair of shoes with me as well as jeans. I have had a bit of a rough time lately, and obviously that’s no excuse but I had a bit of a “screw everything” type of attitude. I took the tag off the shoes and put them in my bag. I paid for the jeans. I left the store and the security alarm went off, I’m guessing there’s some sort of security thing still in the shoes or something. I just carried on walking and wasn’t chased or anything. Well now I just feel incredibly guilty for taking them, I wish I had never done it. I’m worried they’re now going to look at the camera and see it was me that set them off and find me considering I paid with card and they know my details maybe? The shoes were worth about £35 I think. I really hate myself for doing this, I had no right at all to do it and I just regret it so much. Do you think I will get tracked down at all? I wish I could just to back in time. I hate myself for it

Take it back and leave them in the changing room whenever you can. They'll probably give it a new tag and you'll be free of your worries
Go to the shop and be give it back to them, if you feel that bad
Reply 3
But won’t they then call in the police or something if I admit I took them?
Original post by HateSchx
Go to the shop and be give it back to them, if you feel that bad
Reply 4
But when I go back in the security alarm will probably go back off and I’m worried they’ve looked at cctv of when I set it off the first time and something bad will happen
Original post by motivatedmadman
Take it back and leave them in the changing room whenever you can. They'll probably give it a new tag and you'll be free of your worries
Original post by Lisslol
But won’t they then call in the police or something if I admit I took them?

As in go to the store and leave them on the shelf you took it from
Reply 6
I wore them once after so they’re not in new condition :frown: really hate myself
As in go to the store and leave them on the shelf you took it from
Original post by Lisslol
I wore them once after so they’re not in new condition :frown: really hate myself

Give them to a donation box for shoes
Reply 8
That’s a really good idea, I think will do that. However I’m still wondering if they’re going to find me or track me down?
Give them to a donation box for shoes
Reply 9
I know, I have no idea why I did it. Very stupid
Highly unlikely if they haven't already, take this situation your in as you learning from your mistake though.
Original post by Lisslol
That’s a really good idea, I think will do that. However I’m still wondering if they’re going to find me or track me down?
Reply 11
I only took them on Thursday so it wasn’t that long ago? I’m worried sick :frown:
Highly unlikely if they haven't already, take this situation your in as you learning from your mistake though.
Get rid of the evidence :rolleyes:
Original post by Lisslol
I only took them on Thursday so it wasn’t that long ago? I’m worried sick :frown:
Reply 13
Very unlikely someone from a Charity shop will think you’ve stolen those shoes. And it’s not like the shoes have an excellent piece of tracker technology that traces it back to you.

Yeah, it was a bad thing to do, but you’re fine.
Reply 14
But what if they have evidence I took them somehow? Shall I just dispose of the shoes in whatever way?
Get rid of the evidence :rolleyes:
Reply 15
When i wore them after, they made a few shop security alarms go off when I went in or out so I’m worried there’s some sort of thing inside them that tracks location? I had taken everything off them that’s visible
Original post by Wonyo
Very unlikely someone from a Charity shop will think you’ve stolen those shoes. And it’s not like the shoes have an excellent piece of tracker technology that traces it back to you.

Yeah, it was a bad thing to do, but you’re fine.
You are thinking to deep about it. Im glad you are sorry for your mistake tho
Original post by Lisslol
But what if they have evidence I took them somehow? Shall I just dispose of the shoes in whatever way?
Reply 17
Yes I should never have done it! But it’s nor like I just walked out and nothing happened.. I made the alarm go off but I kept walking?
You are thinking to deep about it. Im glad you are sorry for your mistake tho
Reply 18
I was just angry at the world for some reasons as some stuff has happened to me recently. Absolutely no excuse though.
Original post by Lisslol

i'm sure you'll get over it, maybe have a look to see if they have the magnetic strip in it so the alarm doesn't go off again when your out wearing the shoes in other shops.

I doubt anything will come of it, as it'll be quite hard to track, not impossible but for only £35 it won't be a big investigation (if any). Regardless, it was a dumb moment and if anything happens its entirely your own fault...

Quick Reply

Latest