The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Is Warwick very strict on their requirements?

I got a conditional offer of A*AA for Bsc economics and industrial organisation in University of Warwick, If i Get a A*A*B, will there be a chance of getting accepted or they will very strict about this?
Original post by nishupreathi
I got a conditional offer of A*AA for Bsc economics and industrial organisation in University of Warwick, If i Get a A*A*B, will there be a chance of getting accepted or they will very strict about this?

its possible,depends what all the other applicants get.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I got an offer of A*AA for PPE at warwick and got in on AAA plus A* epq

this was last year and the course had 1440 applicants for 180 places so it's more than possible, don't stress it

as long as you don't get the B in maths
Original post by HoldThisL
I got an offer of A*AA for PPE at warwick and got in on AAA plus A* epq

this was last year and the course had 1440 applicants for 180 places so it's more than possible, don't stress it

as long as you don't get the B in maths

my only worry is math, i am expecting a B in math, would they reject if i get a B in math and A* in economics and A* in Business
my only worry is math, i am expecting a B in math, would they reject if i get a B in math and A* in economics and A* in Business

yes probably; econ and indust/org students have to study mathematics and statistics B (which is the harder route) as well as econometrics 1 (in the second year) which is very intense statistics

if you can't get an A in maths, you'll probably find it hard
Thank you so much, ill try my best to make it up
yes probably; econ and indust/org students have to study mathematics and statistics B (which is the harder route) as well as econometrics 1 (in the second year) which is very intense statistics

if you can't get an A in maths, you'll probably find it hard
Thank you so much, ill try my best to make it up

the thing about maths is just practice; past papers will get you the A you need and that same work ethic will get you through quantitative economics at uni
thank you so much for the time and reply😀😀
the thing about maths is just practice; past papers will get you the A you need and that same work ethic will get you through quantitative economics at uni
another small doubt which i have is how many seats are actually available for a course like Bsc economics and for how many people do they actualy offer conditional offers?
another small doubt which i have is how many seats are actually available for a course like Bsc economics and for how many people do they actualy offer conditional offers?

there will be quite a lot of offers for a couple of hundred places
My friend had an AAA offer for law and got A*AB and they didn't let her in.
I’m scared that I won’t be able to make the cut as well. I need A*A for bsc economics. Any advice on A* for economics politics or further maths anyone..........
I had to be honest with you, but try not to let it stress you. You just need to focus on doing the best you can to maximise your chances, you can stress about eventualities after the exams.
Original post by chieula2301
I’m scared that I won’t be able to make the cut as well. I need A*A for bsc economics. Any advice on A* for economics politics or further maths anyone..........
thank you, I encouraged myself to do the same thing as you said but still nervous as hell :frown:
Original post by zeddiful42
I had to be honest with you, but try not to let it stress you. You just need to focus on doing the best you can to maximise your chances, you can stress about eventualities after the exams.
Meditating and deep breathing can be good to slow down any anxious feelings you have :smile:
Original post by chieula2301
thank you, I encouraged myself to do the same thing as you said but still nervous as hell :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest