The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 1 14 May 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AsithU
less than two days left... good luck everyone!

😨😨😨 im gonna flunk this entire exam so bad
Original post by Nighthunter67
Bcz usually writing is from left to right and they drew north on the left hence they drew it first idk bro this exams driving me nuts

Also another point I noticed is that B option has the correct resultant drawn. But the vectors positions are still messed up. (Consider this as ,the car moved from a point to right then upwards.)
A is not correct because resultant is going downwards.
C is not correct because resultant is downwards.
D is not correct because resultant is going towards left but the car went right.
This mcq was a tricky one tho gotta give em that
Original post by usman200186
Also another point I noticed is that B option has the correct resultant drawn. But the vectors positions are still messed up. (Consider this as ,the car moved from a point to right then upwards.)
A is not correct because resultant is going downwards.
C is not correct because resultant is downwards.
D is not correct because resultant is going towards left but the car went right.
This mcq was a tricky one tho gotta give em that

*surprised pikachu meme *
Woah
yeah tht seems legit too i didnt even think abt tht before
Is there any way I can assure an a in unit 1 within 2 days?I mean I have been studying the past 4 months for my IALs but I couldn't finish my whole syllabus within time.I havent done past papers at all.The reason for all this was my clinical depression.
Original post by monetercat479
Is there any way I can assure an a in unit 1 within 2 days?I mean I have been studying the past 4 months for my IALs but I couldn't finish my whole syllabus within time.I havent done past papers at all.The reason for all this was my clinical depression.

Welp there is no gurantee but the best thing to do at this point is study the factsheets posted at the top of the thread and practice the latest papers
Also i hope u overcome ur depression
Good luck
533CAD3D-4C51-4ECE-B61E-CD475C61A5B0.jpg.jpeg

I solved this but it took three mental breakdowns and two hours and the answer seems so obvious now
I think if ppl r able to solve this it means their prep is pretty solid or tht im rlly dumb bcz it was hard for me idk
Reply 66
me and you both :cry2::sad::pinch:
im so hopeless and terrified..i flunked in jan..dont wanto flunk it this time
😨😨😨 im gonna flunk this entire exam so bad
Reply 67
dw..i left this whole freaking question ...couldn't stop panicking and freaking out
533CAD3D-4C51-4ECE-B61E-CD475C61A5B0.jpg.jpeg

I solved this but it took three mental breakdowns and two hours and the answer seems so obvious now
I think if ppl r able to solve this it means their prep is pretty solid or tht im rlly dumb bcz it was hard for me idk

that egg question .....and the mars question...give me chills
btw..i cant seem to complete this paper in time..i need 2 full hours to do the paper...i really need help..
i did around 13 papers under timed conditions..first i get a U ..and then, i usually have about 2-3 questions remaining for which i need an extra half hour..ik im slow, i need to give time to every question... but i really need help...
is anyone else facing this problem?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by : ).
dw..i left this whole freaking question ...couldn't stop panicking and freaking out

Oh thank god its wasnt only me i do understand it now but it took time and we wont have tht in the exam so god help us all sometimes i think abt the sadists who make these papers...do they hate children ...were they deprived of a childhood ...are they androids or humans
me and you both :cry2::sad::pinch:
im so hopeless and terrified..i flunked in jan..dont wanto flunk it this time

This is my first time giving a levels i gave the cambridge igcse o levels i actually finished in oct and this session im just giving phys ill give chem and bio in oct
Reply 70
ikkkk...i feel u..im so so terrified
btw i meant like in the exam...i literally left it in the exam cuz i couldnt stop freaking panicking and shivering....ppl tell me to stay calm and relax and i swear i try!..but i really cant help it...its something i cant control
for example right now..i feel like crying my self into hybernation and waking up after 18th june is over :smile:
i have 3 past papers left..and i haveto revise and redo around 20 papers..im still getting a U in my practice paper...
Oh thank god its wasnt only me i do understand it now but it took time and we wont have tht in the exam so god help us all sometimes i think abt the sadists who make these papers...do they hate children ...were they deprived of a childhood ...are they androids or humans
Reply 71
ooh good luckk! why switch boards?
This is my first time giving a levels i gave the cambridge igcse o levels i actually finished in oct and this session im just giving phys ill give chem and bio in oct
that egg question .....and the mars question...give me chills
btw..i cant seem to complete this paper in time..i need 2 full hours to do the paper...i really need help..
i did around 13 papers under timed conditions..first i get a U ..and then, i usually have about 2-3 questions remaining for which i need an extra half hour..ik im slow, i need to give time to every question... but i really need help...
is anyone else facing this problem?

The egg question was alright the mars question was horrible
I finish on time (yet not correctly :") ) i guess the trick is if the q.s doesnt click instantly skip ahead but make sure u dont leave too many q.s to returns to later on and spend time thinking not writing write heck heckin fast strike stuff and dont worry abt handwriting too much
98901EF8-FF17-4ED9-8072-5559643EE4A9.jpg.jpeg
Can someone please explain me this?
Here’s the markscheme.
4F6EE61A-4D4F-4217-8B36-1A157C7832AE.jpg.jpeg
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 74
power is workdone/time taken
workdone is force x distance
vectorrrs.png
we need to find the force applied against the component of weight 80gsin(3)...this force is itself is 80gsin(3) because the runner runs at constant speed..so forward and backward forces must be equal ..we now know the force
this is tricky ...he runs 2.5 meters (distance) in 1 second(time)
plug it in the formula..
P= (80gsin(3) x 2.5)/1 = 102.7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ckuPyfXb6g&list=PL-ecqtVJbFSNX2B0w-X19wkad4TDEpzeM&index=6&t=0s

Original post by ree.x09
98901EF8-FF17-4ED9-8072-5559643EE4A9.jpg.jpeg
Can someone please explain me this?
Here’s the markscheme.
4F6EE61A-4D4F-4217-8B36-1A157C7832AE.jpg.jpeg
power is workdone/time taken
workdone is force x distance
vectorrrs.png
we need to find the force applied against the component of weight 80gsin(3)...this force is itself is 80gsin(3) because the runner runs at constant speed..so forward and backward forces must be equal ..we now know the force
this is tricky ...he runs 2.5 meters (distance) in 1 second(time)
plug it in the formula..
P= (80gsin(3) x 2.5)/1 = 102.7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ckupyfxb6g&list=pl-ecqtvjbfsnx2b0w-x19wkad4tdepzem&index=6&t=0s

thankyou so much
Reply 76
no worries...i myself couldnt do it..i took help from the link i sent u
if ur confused about why we didnt take 10 minutes into consideration took at Brown panther's comment and reply (after uve opened the link)
Original post by ree.x09
thankyou so much
ooh good luckk! why switch boards?

Our school isnt certified for cambridge a levels since they require actual practicals and we dont have labs until o level we did the alternative to practical so it was fine
Our school isnt certified for cambridge a levels since they require actual practicals and we dont have labs until o level we did the alternative to practical so it was fine

Where are your from btw?
My only problems are of projectile motions. I always mess up in them. I dunno sometimes the answer is so easy but I can't figure it out. Can anyone help me with this please.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending