The Student Room Group

GCSEs!

How’s everyone feeling? Felt like making this as a space for people to give each other last minute advice and words of wisdom so we can get in the right mindset.

Scroll to see replies

we all can do this!!! Just have belief in yourself and in either the big or small effort you have put in ! :smile:
Feeling excited to just get sat down and going, though I imagine that'll change early into the exams. :tongue:

But as advice, just keep believing in your own ability - we can all do this indeed. :smile:
Reply 3
I honestly don't feel too good, and I think that this year, most students are unmotivated; not many people seem to revise, and even though I've barely done it myself, I'm still gonna really try to push myself throughout the exam. The thing that's keeping me going is that last year, atleast 65% of people got passes in each subject, and I'd like to think I'm above average in all subjects except English. If anyone's got any last minute advice for English, please let me know!
you should be proud of yourself!! and yes i agree literally my entire year is the most demotivated year ever! But that shouldn't stop you from pushing you to your very best. I'm not so great at English myself but i would extremely recommend you to practice a question, self mark it, and then do the action so you won't make the same mistake again!

All the best :smile:
I honestly don't feel too good, and I think that this year, most students are unmotivated; not many people seem to revise, and even though I've barely done it myself, I'm still gonna really try to push myself throughout the exam. The thing that's keeping me going is that last year, atleast 65% of people got passes in each subject, and I'd like to think I'm above average in all subjects except English. If anyone's got any last minute advice for English, please let me know!
I need positive energy! Started revising last Monday and I'm starting and finishing my RS revision today since it's tomorrow (>□< ). Any tips for revising Religious Studies in a day?
Reply 6
what i’m doing is going through the textbook and summarising each subtopic in a few sentences and writing a quote for each one
Original post by Hiro2468
I need positive energy! Started revising last Monday and I'm starting and finishing my RS revision today since it's tomorrow (>□< ). Any tips for revising Religious Studies in a day?
Original post by nightloc
what i’m doing is going through the textbook and summarising each subtopic in a few sentences and writing a quote for each one

Thank you! How can I summarise the sub unit when there's like 4 more mini sub units in the one sub unit out of the whole topic? Lol
Reply 8
say the paper is christianity, choose a topic e.g. christian beliefs; choose the subtopic from that topic e.g. the nature of god, then summarise that. hope that makes sense i’m really bad a t explaining stuff.
Thank you! How can I summarise the sub unit when there's like 4 more mini sub units in the one sub unit out of the whole topic? Lol
say the paper is christianity, choose a topic e.g. christian beliefs; choose the subtopic from that topic e.g. the nature of god, then summarise that. hope that makes sense i’m really bad a t explaining stuff.

Thank you! Luckily there's a summary of each sub unit in my booklet(>~< ) My exam is on Christianity as well! What exam board are you doing btw? I'm doing Edexcel B
edexcel b christianity && islam
Thank you! Luckily there's a summary of each sub unit in my booklet(>~< ) My exam is on Christianity as well! What exam board are you doing btw? I'm doing Edexcel B
Im very nervous to be honest. But I know that I will do fine. it's just getting the level 6 in maths and maybe computer science worrying me! I'm sure I can get the 6 in maths and apparently I can take my computer science a level even with a level 5 :smile:

Good luck to everybody! Just try your hardest, we can do this together.
Reply 12
Just want it to be over, honestly. Can't wait for that holiday. :h:
Im not doing computer science but I wanna do it for a levels even doe I know nothing I’m ok at maths cos I’m predicted a 6 but I feel like if I work hard I’ll get a 7
Original post by xThisIsGospelx
Im very nervous to be honest. But I know that I will do fine. it's just getting the level 6 in maths and maybe computer science worrying me! I'm sure I can get the 6 in maths and apparently I can take my computer science a level even with a level 5 :smile:

Good luck to everybody! Just try your hardest, we can do this together.
edexcel b christianity && islam

Instead of Islam I'm doing Buddhism, good luck (>~< )
good luck to you too!!
Instead of Islam I'm doing Buddhism, good luck (>~< )
Anyone doing Buddhism
Jus did my re exam and it was calm
What religion did u do?
Original post by Lilllyyyy3
Jus did my re exam and it was calm
Catholic
Original post by Notprepared
What religion did u do?

Quick Reply

Latest