The Student Room Group

not getting paid from work

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by billionaireboy98
It is a Pe company and goes to schools. They also have a football club as well which I work for. It's not a charity. He has people like accountants and one parent which help him to run it. All the other coaches ask him and so do I but he's just making excuses like next week. I made countless amount of messages

I'd hazard a guess that you probably have enough evidence to begin a court claim.

You are required to send a letter before action detailing to the other party the amount you believe you are owed and the reasons for it - you must give them a reasonable time to respond (two weeks will be fine).

Most would cough up at this point.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-before-small-claims-court-claim
Letter before action.

Small claims. If he doesn't respond, will be judgment by default.
Reply 22
Original post by Notoriety
Letter before action.

Small claims. If he doesn't respond, will be judgment by default.

Beat you to it by a hair :wink:
Original post by IWMTom
I'd hazard a guess that you probably have enough evidence to begin a court claim.

You are required to send a letter before action detailing to the other party the amount you believe you are owed and the reasons for it - you must give them a reasonable time to respond (two weeks will be fine).

Most would cough up at this point.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-before-small-claims-court-claim

I'm only 17 like am I even allowed to sue people.
Reply 24
I'm only 17 like am I even allowed to sue people.

Yes, but you'll need a litigation friend.
Original post by IWMTom
Yes, but you'll need a litigation friend.

what is that?sorry im abit stupid
Original post by IWMTom
Beat you to it by a hair :wink:

Story of me life.
Reply 27
what is that?sorry im abit stupid

It's just someone who will deal with the case on your behalf - they should have your best interests at heart, so your parents would be ideal candidates.
Original post by IWMTom
It's just someone who will deal with the case on your behalf - they should have your best interests at heart, so your parents would be ideal candidates.

Is not going to cost me anything because if it then I'm losing money
Reply 29
Is not going to cost me anything because if it then I'm losing money

The vast majority of people settle before you even initiate court action.

A letter advising that you INTEND to begin action (you have to send this first anyway, it's part of the rules) is often all that's required to get payment.

Should the other party ignore that, it only costs £70 to claim the £700 you are owed - you would get this back too if you won.
ho
Original post by IWMTom
The vast majority of people settle before you even initiate court action.

A letter advising that you INTEND to begin action (you have to send this first anyway, it's part of the rules) is often all that's required to get payment.

Should the other party ignore that, it only costs £70 to claim the £700 you are owed - you would get this back too if you won.

how would i be sure that i would win this.I have messages asking him and thats it
Reply 31
ho

how would i be sure that i would win this.I have messages asking him and thats it

That's sort of why I've been asking you questions - collect up any and all evidence you have.
Reply 32
I really fail to comprehend how you're special enough to ignore payments for neally a year. Really special.
Original post by Xarao
I really fail to comprehend how you're special enough to ignore payments for neally a year. Really special.

I have been asking since the December holidays and i still haven't got paid
Reply 34
I have been asking since the December holidays and i still haven't got paid

So someone hasn't paid you and you decided to continue working for them for an extra 8 months? I really don't know anything positive to say but listen to the advice you've been given in this thread about a small claims court case.
Original post by Xarao
So someone hasn't paid you and you decided to continue working for them for an extra 8 months? I really don't know anything positive to say but listen to the advice you've been given in this thread about a small claims court case.

i know mate i am stupid for that.im going to a different club on Saturday but I'm deffo sueing this mother ****er
Reply 36
i know mate i am stupid for that.im going to a different club on Saturday but I'm deffo sueing this mother ****er

It's alright, just learn your lesson and move on. Definitely follow procedure as others said e.g. letter first then w/e but yeah.
Original post by IWMTom
That's sort of why I've been asking you questions - collect up any and all evidence you have.

would i get more than £700 as he hasnt payed me
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 38
would i get more than £700 as he hasnt payed me

You'll get what you're owed with court fees returned to you, as well as statutory interest at a rate of 8% per annum.
Original post by IWMTom
You'll get what you're owed with court fees returned to you, as well as statutory interest at a rate of 8% per annum.

Thank you very much. You have been very helpfull!

Quick Reply

Latest