The Student Room Group

raisng my grades

im quite a lazy person ,who doesn't like revising so how can I raise my grades before its too late?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ImanL
im quite a lazy person ,who doesn't like revising so how can I raise my grades before its too late?

As the best procrastinator I know exactly how you feel😁 it really depends what subject, so what subjects do you struggle revising for?
I couldn't raise my grades, so I put them up for adoption.

(serious note: set targets for each day, find your spec online, make sure you understand every single point, and then its practice, practice, practice, do as many past papers and questions as you can)
Reply 3
science, when we have a test I try to revise but I just can be bothered and its really boring. but I despearatly need help with comp science, im a level 2, everyother subject im a 4
Original post by Sam snake
As the best procrastinator I know exactly how you feel😁 it really depends what subject, so what subjects do you struggle revising for?
Original post by ImanL
science, when we have a test I try to revise but I just can be bothered and its really boring. but I despearatly need help with comp science, im a level 2, everyother subject im a 4

Can’t help with comp science sorry 😕. But I do chem bio maths a level if you need help with how to revise for them?
Reply 5
I need help with chem , it seems easy but the test are next level. right now were doing organic chem
Can’t help with comp science sorry 😕. But I do chem bio maths a level if you need help with how to revise for them?
Original post by ImanL
I need help with chem , it seems easy but the test are next level. right now were doing organic chem

GCSE or a level? I got an A* at gcse and am top of my year for as chemistry😅

Hey, I'm happy for your results man! What advice would you recommend at GCSE and A level? (im in year 11)
Original post by motivatedmadman
Hey, I'm happy for your results man! What advice would you recommend at GCSE and A level? (im in year 11)

Thanks 😁 For gcse you can get away with just learning the content and then doing every past paper or practice paper available ( try to do at least 3 and then revise from the mark schemes as they tell you what marks are given for).

A-level is completely different to gcse. For revision I make notes and read over them then do a practice paper. But you can’t just learn the content due to the tricky application questions and synoptic link questions. I’m still only year 12 so I’m sure other people know more than me on how to revise for a level, but it seems to be working for me (for AS at least)!
Reply 9

lucky u, I can only dream of getting a 8 or a 9, im in year 10, doing my gcse next year
Someone help, is there a structure I can use for 6 mark questions in science?
Original post by ImanL
lucky u, I can only dream of getting a 8 or a 9, im in year 10, doing my gcse next year

You have time, if you really want an A* you could work in the summer (a bit boring though). Or just work super hard in year 11 😁
Original post by MantasZurius

What’s the 6 mark question?

I'm currently on track for 8s/9s in science, so my biggest advice would be to split the 6 marker into smaller questions, as well as applying knowledge which they want so you stay relevant to the question and answer it as a whole
Reply 14
You have time, if you really want an A* you could work in the summer (a bit boring though). Or just work super hard in year 11 😁

what do u mean work in the summer? do what?
Original post by ImanL
what do u mean work in the summer? do what?

Idk make sure you understand everything you’ve learnt in year 10, I’ve never done it but if you want to push your grades up it might help
Thanks for that, I’ll try doing that.My biggest problem is physics, I can get an 8 in biology without revision and a 7 in chemistry but I can’t get the hang of the electricity topic, especially remembering the equations.
Original post by motivatedmadman
I'm currently on track for 8s/9s in science, so my biggest advice would be to split the 6 marker into smaller questions, as well as applying knowledge which they want so you stay relevant to the question and answer it as a whole
Reply 17
knowing myself, ill have the intension to do it but id rather just watch tv so ill never really revise
Idk make sure you understand everything you’ve learnt in year 10, I’ve never done it but if you want to push your grades up it might help
Thanks for that, I’ll try doing that.My biggest problem is physics, I can get an 8 in biology without revision and a 7 in chemistry but I can’t get the hang of the electricity topic, especially remembering the equations.

My friend showed me an app for gcse physics called 23 equations, I haven’t had a proper look yet but it seems good!
Thanks, gonna check it out.
Original post by imogen28
My friend showed me an app for gcse physics called 23 equations, I haven’t had a proper look yet but it seems good!

Quick Reply

Latest