The Student Room Group

I stole something now I feel absolutely horrible

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I’ve looked all over the shoes and there’s nothing on them but some shop alarms have gone off when I wore them. Yes it’s completely my own fault
Original post by mnot
i'm sure you'll get over it, maybe have a look to see if they have the magnetic strip in it so the alarm doesn't go off again when your out wearing the shoes in other shops.

I doubt anything will come of it, as it'll be quite hard to track, not impossible but for only £35 it won't be a big investigation (if any). Regardless, it was a dumb moment and if anything happens its entirely your own fault...
The police rarely investigate thefts mounting to values of £100s worth of merchandising, yet alone a £40 pair of shoes. I've worked for companies who have repeatedly had thousands of pounds worth of tech stolen from them and the police did nothing. Shops have things taken all the time unfortunately, they may not even have noticed that they are gone, or put the change in stock down to a discrepancy. They don't have your name, address or any personal information, all they have is a vague photo of your body and maybe face if the cameras are good.

Mistake happen when you're a teenager however, in a way it's good you feel bad. It means you won't commit anymore crime and can just move on from anymore thoughts like it. Like others have said, if you feel bad when you see/wear them, give them to a charity shop or put them in one of the donation bins (commonly found at supermarkets etc) that accept clothing.
It's very unlikely they will track you down most stores factor in theft as long as you are white then they won't suspect. When the alarm went off did you **** yourself.
Also they probably don't pay enough tax and pay peanuts to children in India it's not that morally bad.
Reply 24
No I just kept walking normally didn’t bat an eyelid
Original post by karl pilkington
It's very unlikely they will track you down most stores factor in theft as long as you are white then they won't suspect. When the alarm went off did you **** yourself.
Original post by Lisslol
I am not the “type” to do anything like this at all. I was in a shop the other day, and was in the changing rooms and had taken in a pair of shoes with me as well as jeans. I have had a bit of a rough time lately, and obviously that’s no excuse but I had a bit of a “screw everything” type of attitude. I took the tag off the shoes and put them in my bag. I paid for the jeans. I left the store and the security alarm went off, I’m guessing there’s some sort of security thing still in the shoes or something. I just carried on walking and wasn’t chased or anything. Well now I just feel incredibly guilty for taking them, I wish I had never done it. I’m worried they’re now going to look at the camera and see it was me that set them off and find me considering I paid with card and they know my details maybe? The shoes were worth about £35 I think. I really hate myself for doing this, I had no right at all to do it and I just regret it so much. Do you think I will get tracked down at all? I wish I could just to back in time. I hate myself for it

they wont chase you down over 35 quid, dont worry! Give them to charity if you really feel bad
Reply 26
thanks i think i will give them to charity.but how can i be sure they aren't looking into me now? or if they have saved my face as one to remember or something when i next go in..
Go see a doctor - you need to address the anxiety and stress that caused you to do it in the first place.
Original post by Lisslol
thanks i think i will give them to charity.but how can i be sure they aren't looking into me now? or if they have saved my face as one to remember or something when i next go in..

too much effort for them to look for you - shoplifting happens a lot more than you think and many do not get caught

did you pay with card or cash btw?
Stop worrying about being caught as it is not going to happen.Now never ever do it again!
Original post by angelike1
too much effort for them to look for you - shoplifting happens a lot more than you think and many do not get caught

did you pay with card or cash btw?
Original post by Scotney
Stop worrying about being caught as it is not going to happen.Now never ever do it again!

why tf did you reply to me
Obviously a mistake it was aimed at thread opener.No need to be rude!
Original post by angelike1
why tf did you reply to me
Reply 32
paid with card
Original post by Lisslol
paid with card

If they didn't catch you at the time, they will not come after you now
If you give them to charity some unfortunate person is going to get arrested for wearing shoes with a security strip in them
Original post by Lisslol

What store did you steal it from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending