The Student Room Group

GCSE Religious Studies Islam quotes

I am really freaking out right now - I don't know hardly any Islam quotes for my exam today. Does anyone have any good, short ones to remember. Good luck to everyone doing exams today.
xx lucy
Reply 1
Qur'an Surah 112 - 'Say; He is Allah, the one and only...' - it shows Tawhid.

At the beginning of each Surah (except the 9th) - 'In the name of Allah, the entirely merciful, the especially merciful...' - shows Allah's mercy

From Qur'an - 'From Allah, verily nothing is hidden on earth or in heavens' - shows that Allah knows all our intentions (Niyyah) and he is omniscient and will, therefore, judge us fairly

From Sahih al-Bukhari - One will come back from Hajj 'as if he were born anew' - shows the importance of Hajj

From Qur'an 'The heart did not lie [about] what it saw' - shows that the Qur'an is the incorrupt word of God.

Shahadah - 'there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet'

Qur'an - 'Prayer prohibits immorality and wrongdoing' - shows Salah is important

Honestly, DO NOT stress you will be fine. If you can't think of any quotes just say something like 'In the Qur'an... Allah is portrayed as loving as he made the universe for us' or something like that. You don't need to know really specific references for GCSE. Good luck - I'm hoping they will give us nice 12 markers !!!
Reply 2
Original post by mimipg
Qur'an Surah 112 - 'Say; He is Allah, the one and only...' - it shows Tawhid.

At the beginning of each Surah (except the 9th) - 'In the name of Allah, the entirely merciful, the especially merciful...' - shows Allah's mercy

From Qur'an - 'From Allah, verily nothing is hidden on earth or in heavens' - shows that Allah knows all our intentions (Niyyah) and he is omniscient and will, therefore, judge us fairly

From Sahih al-Bukhari - One will come back from Hajj 'as if he were born anew' - shows the importance of Hajj

From Qur'an 'The heart did not lie [about] what it saw' - shows that the Qur'an is the incorrupt word of God.

Shahadah - 'there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet'

Qur'an - 'Prayer prohibits immorality and wrongdoing' - shows Salah is important

Honestly, DO NOT stress you will be fine. If you can't think of any quotes just say something like 'In the Qur'an... Allah is portrayed as loving as he made the universe for us' or something like that. You don't need to know really specific references for GCSE. Good luck - I'm hoping they will give us nice 12 markers !!!

Honestly, thank you so so much for this, it is so helpful and will definitely come in handy today. These quotes are absolutely perfect. Good luck to you too! Yeah i am really hoping it's something we all have revised lots. Wishing you loads of luck

lucy xx
Reply 3
How did it go for you? x
Original post by lucyvato
Honestly, thank you so so much for this, it is so helpful and will definitely come in handy today. These quotes are absolutely perfect. Good luck to you too! Yeah i am really hoping it's something we all have revised lots. Wishing you loads of luck

lucy xx
Reply 4
Original post by mimipg
How did it go for you? x

Amazing thank you I was really happy with what I got. Hbu? Xx
Reply 5
Original post by lucyvato
Amazing thank you I was really happy with what I got. Hbu? Xx

Yay im so glad! I was really really pleased - was the only exam I got a 9 in!! xxx
Reply 6
Original post by mimipg
Yay im so glad! I was really really pleased - was the only exam I got a 9 in!! xxx

Thats so incredible! Well done x
help my gcse rs exam is tomorrow and im so stressed someone help idk anything- class of 2022
Original post by habsisstressed
help my gcse rs exam is tomorrow and im so stressed someone help idk anything- class of 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t5LPYVpJIg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LwiloMSigE

Old thread but this might help.
Create a new thread.
dont worry ur not alone, i have a list of quotes for christianity if you need them too
'those who live by the sword die by the sword'
'no one can enter the kingdom of god unless they are born of water and the spirit'
'blessed are the peacemakers'
'therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the father son and the holy spirit'
'if christ had not been raised, our faith is useless'
'in the beginning was the word, and the word was with god, and the word was god'
'in the beginning, god created the heavens and the earth'
good luck with your exam, mine is tomorrow too x
(edited 1 year ago)
Two hours lets go
Finessed the exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending