The Student Room Group

Ccea as level exams 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Vet Student 2020
Im scared especially as it is the first year of the new spec (my teachers say it is the worst the first year as they 'go to town'on new style qs) although that means grade boundaries will be a lot lower. How are you feeling? Is there anything you are unsure about and have you done mucb revision for it?

I’ve had a really relaxed attitude to maths this year. ‘Sure i did further maths’ and ‘you don’t have to “LEARN” anything’ were lies I told myself throughout the year - but I think I’ll do alright as long as I go through each topic and the test isn’t completely bonkers - any tips for what you think will be on
Reply 61
I've been saying the exact same thing all year :biggrin: but it wasnt until last week that I began to panic a bit. Im just going through each topic in textbook to make sure I know it and doing past papers. Im also doing past papers of AQA because they are quite tricky and a bit different - gives it a bit of variation. No idea what could come up to be honest maybe some proofs and general calculus, algebra, trig and logs etc. What do you think?
Original post by CoolR
I’ve had a really relaxed attitude to maths this year. ‘Sure i did further maths’ and ‘you don’t have to “LEARN” anything’ were lies I told myself throughout the year - but I think I’ll do alright as long as I go through each topic and the test isn’t completely bonkers - any tips for what you think will be on
do we need to know how to draw block diagrams for as 1 and 2 for bio, or is that just fieldwork? Like a lot of past papers (Old Spec) have questions like draw this graph, and explain colorimter- basically some fieldwork stuff, but they didnt have a fieldwork paper so I thought it was to compensate for that??
How are you all revising for physics unit 1 tomorrow? Best of luck btw.
Reply 64
How did you find it?
Original post by allenpc
How are you all revising for physics unit 1 tomorrow? Best of luck btw.
I thought the paper was ok, didn’t like the graphs question on linear motion. Few of my answers were
Impulse: 690
Internal resistance: 0.5
Total distance : 15m
Max velocity = 5.4ms-1
Resultant force 981 down
Acceleration 0.8
Reply 66
Yeah me neither, I can’t remember all my answers but the projectiles and resultant force answers seem familiar! Did you include the resistance of the voltmeter in the internal resistance question?
Original post by Na234
How did you find it?

I was naturally a bit panicked at the start of the paper so I found the first couple questions more challenging than they needed to be. But after going back over the paper I found that I could think straight again and get any problems sorted out. But overall, I found it ok. Projectile motion question was probably the most straightforward. The linear motion question was challenging.
Original post by Na234
Yeah me neither, I can’t remember all my answers but the projectiles and resultant force answers seem familiar! Did you include the resistance of the voltmeter in the internal resistance question?

Yep did it parallel with the fixed resistor
Original post by Benkxnnedy
I thought the paper was ok, didn’t like the graphs question on linear motion. Few of my answers were
Impulse: 690
Internal resistance: 0.5
Total distance : 15m
Max velocity = 5.4ms-1
Resultant force 981 down
Acceleration 0.8

Is the max velocity the value you got for the linear motion question?
Original post by allenpc
Is the max velocity the value you got for the linear motion question?

Yeah I think it’s wrong, worked out the max displacement then worked out average velocity with displacement over time, definitely wrong.

Did you match my other answers?
Yeah I think it’s wrong, worked out the max displacement then worked out average velocity with displacement over time, definitely wrong.

Did you match my other answers?

Yeah I got all the same answers as you then apart from the max velocity. But I had slightly different numbers of sig figs for a couple.
Original post by allenpc
Yeah I got all the same answers as you then apart from the max velocity. But I had slightly different numbers of sig figs for a couple.

What did you get for max velocity, I should get a mark for finding the total displacement
Reply 73
Me too! How do you define projectile motion?
Yep did it parallel with the fixed resistor
Original post by Na234
Me too! How do you define projectile motion?

Accelerated motion of an object in one direction with the constant speed in the perpendicular direction?
Reply 75
Yes I thought the first question with the GWh was worded poorly but it wasn’t to bad after a bit of thought. I think I got 3.71m/s for the maximum velocity in the lift question.
Original post by allenpc
I was naturally a bit panicked at the start of the paper so I found the first couple questions more challenging than they needed to be. But after going back over the paper I found that I could think straight again and get any problems sorted out. But overall, I found it ok. Projectile motion question was probably the most straightforward. The linear motion question was challenging.
Original post by Na234
Yes I thought the first question with the GWh was worded poorly but it wasn’t to bad after a bit of thought. I think I got 3.71m/s for the maximum velocity in the lift question.

I got the same max velocity as you. I have to agree that GWh question was a bit iffy but I ended up getting something like 3.02x10 to some power. Did you get something along those lines? I think the power was 8 but I can't exactly remember.
Accelerated motion of an object in one direction with the constant speed in the perpendicular direction?

Yeah that's it I don't think you need to mention the shape of the motion (parabola) as well
What did you get for max velocity, I should get a mark for finding the total displacement

I got 3.71 ms-1 the same as Na. If your workings right though you'll get credit for it even if you dont get the exact answer
How do you think the scaling will go?

Last year it was 78/100 for the A.

66/100 for the A (ouch) in 2017.

Similar to last year?

Quick Reply

Latest