The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies B – 13th, 20th and 23rd May 2019

@Evil Homer

Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies B: Papers 1, 2 and 3
Monday 13th, Monday 20th and Thursday 23rd May 2019

The official thread for all the Edexcel RS B exams*, on:

13th May Paper 1 (Beliefs, Marriage and the Family, Living the Religious Life, Matters of Life and Death)
20th May Paper 2 (Beliefs, Crime and Punishment, Living the Religious Life, Peace and Conflict)
23rd May Paper 3 (Beliefs, Philosophy of Religion, Living the Religious Life, Equality)

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/religious-studies-b-2016.html

*everyone does TWO out of these three papers on two different religions.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey everyone, how we all feeling about tomorrows exam?
Any predictions?
feel like the questions are gonna be kinda horrible tbh, what religions do you do?
Original post by jenny01
Hey everyone, how we all feeling about tomorrows exam?
Any predictions?
Reply 3
For paper 1 I do Christianity and paper 3 is Sikhism
Reply 4
Do you think so? I was looking at last years prediction and the paper, the predictions were slightly similar topic wise.
What religions do you do?
Original post by labrador716
feel like the questions are gonna be kinda horrible tbh, what religions do you do?
Reply 5
On the Jumma Prayer question, did anybody else talk about shahada as the most important prayer? Is it even a prayer? Or just a declaration lmao
Original post by dfahey
On the Jumma Prayer question, did anybody else talk about shahada as the most important prayer? Is it even a prayer? Or just a declaration lmao

I said the same and so did others xx
I made the Jummah one really generic like it brings you closer to God and strengthens community. cuz literally everything does that
How did everyone else find the Christianity Paper?
What questions can you remember for Christianity?
1-
a)
b)
c)
d) There are no successful solutions to the problem of evil and suffering

2-
a)
b)
c)
d) The local church needs to support families

3-
a)
b)
c)
d) The main priority of the church is reconcilliation

4-
a)
b)
c)
d) Animal experimentation should be used to help humans

Thanks to @labrador716
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Violet201

It was okay , could have been better but the questions were so harder than last year

alright in general, but advent?? reconciliation?! love a good bit of animal experimentation and suffering though
What questions can you remember for Christianity?
1-
a)
b)
c)
d)

2-
a)
b)
c)
d)

3-
a)
b)
c)
d) The main priority of the church is reconcilliation

4-
a)
b)
c)
d) Animal experimentation

can't remember much else but pretty sure with the ds:

1 there are no successful solutions to the problem of evil and suffering

2 the local church needs to support families

3 the main priority of the church is reconciliation

4 animal experimentation should be used to help humans
Had absolutely no clue about Advent. Also three reasons why abortion is allowed in Christianity, would have been prepared for the opposite but that threw me :s-smilie:
Thank you will edit that in!!
Original post by labrador716
can't remember much else but pretty sure with the ds:

1 there are no successful solutions to the problem of evil and suffering

2 the local church needs to support families

3 the main priority of the church is reconciliation

4 animal experimentation should be used to help humans
There was one on the trinty, purpose of family, importantance of marriage, views on creation, abortion, advent
Literally same ahaha I’m so annoyed tho cus there’s literally 3 lines in the textbook on Jummah prayer why did they have to make it the 15 marker

Original post by fatbattyboi
I made the Jummah one really generic like it brings you closer to God and strengthens community. cuz literally everything does that
Don’t worry RS lot! :console:

I don’t take it myself, but a lot of my friends did the exam today and found it pretty tough. If the whole country is in the same boat, they can’t have high grade boundaries.

You’ve got this - keep going! Onwards and upwards :yep:
I'm hoping no less than a level 8! Last year's grade boundaries were very low so I'm hoping for a repeat.
Original post by Psingh1602
It was okay , could have been better but the questions were so harder than last year

I'm
It's the weeks leading up to Christmas. Thats why they're called Advent calendars
Had absolutely no clue about Advent. Also three reasons why abortion is allowed in Christianity, would have been prepared for the opposite but that threw me :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending