The Student Room Group

Declining UCAS offer after accepting

Hi guys! So I’m planning to apply to the UK as well to study starting next year which mean I’ll have to apply by January.
My question is, once I’ve made my choice replied to the unis and chosen where I’m going, is it possible that I can decline it later on? Because what if I change my mind or decide to do to another country or something like that but I’ve already accepted the unis offer.
Is it still possible that I can cancel?
Original post by ciestudent00
Hi guys! So I’m planning to apply to the UK as well to study starting next year which mean I’ll have to apply by January.
My question is, once I’ve made my choice replied to the unis and chosen where I’m going, is it possible that I can decline it later on? Because what if I change my mind or decide to do to another country or something like that but I’ve already accepted the unis offer.

Of course you can cancel, thousands of students do it every single year. They can't force you to go to their university...
Original post by Glassapple
Of course you can cancel, thousands of students do it every single year. They can't force you to go to their university...

Oh well I’m new to this and have no idea what’s going on hahah thanks but its still okay to cancel after results day?
Oh well I’m new to this and have no idea what’s going on hahah thanks but its still okay to cancel after results day?

Yes that's what thousands of people do after results day every year.
Yes, that's what thousands of people do.

Okay thankss!

After results day, more difficult, but easy before
I declined like 2 weeks before I was meant to go. I just filled out a form online and rang up UCAS. Took max 10 mins overall.
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
After results day, more difficult, but easy before

What are they going to do if you decline after results day? They can't drag you to their university, they'll just be annoyed at you. They can't do anything at all except maybe potentially blacklist you from applying there in the future (if that can even happen). As for Student Finance you can just call them and say you're not going any more.
What are they going to do if you decline after results day? They can't drag you to their university, they'll just be annoyed at you. They can't do anything at all except maybe potentially blacklist you from applying there in the future (if that can even happen). As for Student Finance you can just call them and say you're not going any more.

Make your life difficult, as they will probably think you want to go to Clearing.
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Make your life difficult, as they will probably think you want to go to Clearing.

Does that actually matter? If you're not going anywhere you're not going anywhere, it doesn't matter whether they release you or not as at that point you couldn't care less. Just call Student Finance, tell them you're not going anywhere and that's it, never look at your UCAS application from that cycle again. The university can do whatever they want and it won't matter if you've completely changed your mind about going to university, as the OP states.
(edited 6 years ago)
Are there any fees for canceling the offer?
Original post by Harrypotter12345
Are there any fees for canceling the offer?

You should not be liable for any fees unless you either formally enroll or sign an accommodation contract.
Well,i accepted the offer ,but it was a conditional post by Admit-One)
You should not be liable for any fees unless you either formally enroll or sign an accommodation contract.
Original post by Harrypotter12345
Well,i accepted the offer ,but it was a conditional post by Admit-One)

Enrolling is completely separate from your UCAS offer, so you should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest