The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL FP1 13th May 2019

Hey guys, couldn't find a thread for the non IAL paper, how did everyone find the paper?
Anyone know where I can get a copy of this paper? They used to be available on TSR before they cracked down.
I feel like the paper got easier as it went on. Was harder then I was expecting though not sure how I feel tbh and not sure how the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by Lucyodwyerx
I feel like the paper got easier as it went on. Was harder then I was expecting though not sure how I feel tbh and not sure how the grade boundaries will be?

Original post by kungfusaini
Hey guys, couldn't find a thread for the non IAL paper, how did everyone find the paper?

I struggled with the last parts of Questions 2 and 3. What did you guys get for the two values of K after finding T' was 770 square units?
Also i got a lot of fractional answers in this paper that worried me
Yes I struggled with them too!!!! I can’t even remember my answers but do u remember fractions 😂😂
Original post by kungfusaini
I got K= -31.6 which seems really wrong, and for the co- ordinates in Q3 i got (0.8,12) which also seems wrong hahahaha

Original post by Lucyodwyerx
Yes I struggled with them too!!!! I can’t even remember my answers but do u remember fractions 😂😂
So, for the fiest question I had no idea how to solve. The one with hyperbola I just used my graphical calculator to work out the other value by plugging in the X into the equation of the normal. The induction question was ********, I was hoping for matrix one since it is very easy but the fraction part was mess. The sum of series was easy to prove, and for the series question WHICH WAS NEVER ASKED BEFORE EVER I got sum of r=5 and N was 20, 5r^2(5+r), something similar to that and it was correct since I manually did the sum. Was it root3 or negative root3 for the complex numbers question?
Original post by 123432121312
I got K= -31.6 which seems really wrong, and for the co- ordinates in Q3 i got (0.8,12) which also seems wrong hahahaha

For Q3 you are correct

Edit: You would be correct if they were negative
Different exam
Original post by thejj100100
I thought it was going to be fine for the first few questions.. but when it got to the questions about chimpanzees, volumes of revolution, marbles and pipelines it all got a bit confusing! (Oh wait.. that's most of the questions...). It was definitely harder than the 2018 paper and the sample papers.

I got k in the mountain question as 200... no idea if that's wrong or not :frown:.
oh whoops...
Original post by Yolotwice
Different exam
So, for the fiest question I had no idea how to solve. The one with hyperbola I just used my graphical calculator to work out the other value by plugging in the X into the equation of the normal. The induction question was ********, I was hoping for matrix one since it is very easy but the fraction part was mess. The sum of series was easy to prove, and for the series question WHICH WAS NEVER ASKED BEFORE EVER I got sum of r=5 and N was 20, 5r^2(5+r), something similar to that and it was correct since I manually did the sum. Was it root3 or negative root3 for the complex numbers question?

i think it doesnt matter if it is - root 3 or root 3 as you square it putting it back in the equation
For Q3 you are correct

Edit: You would be correct if they were negative

oh yup sorry thats what i meant
Let's make an unofficial mark scheme?
I was only able to get 1 value. What about you?
I have added this to the exam index so people can easily find it.

Best of luck with your remaining exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending