The Student Room Group

National 5 History 2018-19

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beth1709
What topics is everyone doing? Just so I know for after the exam if anyone will know what I’m talking about when I talk about the questions I had

I’m doing Migration and Empire, Atlantic Slave Trade and Nazi’s :smile:

Good luck everyone x
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 61
What topics is everyone doing? Just so I know for after the exam if anyone will know what I’m talking about when I talk about the questions I had

Era of the Great War, the Atlantic slave trade, Hitler and Nazi Germany,, good luck x
Good luck to everyone today! Hopefully the paper isn’t too difficult lol 😂
I’m doing Changing Britain, Russian Revolution and the Wars of Independence :smile:
I am doing Mary Queen of Scots, Atlantic Slave Trade and Appeasement and the Road to War.
Best of luck everyone! 🙃
How did everyone find it?
Original post by thepunmaster.e
How did everyone find it?

I think it went quite well! I managed to answer all the questions and I had time to add to my answers at the end. How about everyone else? Were the other topics questions hard ?
I thought it was really good actually :smile: hope it went well for everyone else x
Reply 68
I didn’t find that paper too difficult, the sqa were generous for once 😂
I personally found it to be a fair paper. The 9 mark essays were on topics which I was okay with.

To what extent was propaganda the main reason why Scots volunteered to fight on the Western Front?
- Propaganda (isolated factor)
- Peer pressure
- Fear of cowardice

To what extent were Nazi promises the main reason for the Nazi rise to power?
- Promises (e.g. "arbeit" and "brot" = jobs and food) (isolated factor)
- Banning of left-wing parties under Reichstag Fire Laws
- Hyperinflation causing Germans to ditch the SPD in favour of other parties such as Nazis
Reply 70
Original post by aingidh
I personally found it to be a fair paper. The 9 mark essays were on topics which I was okay with.

To what extent was propaganda the main reason why Scots volunteered to fight on the Western Front?
- Propaganda (isolated factor)
- Peer pressure
- Fear of cowardice

To what extent were Nazi promises the main reason for the Nazi rise to power?
- Promises (e.g. "arbeit" and "brot" = jobs and food) (isolated factor)
- Banning of left-wing parties under Reichstag Fire Laws
- Hyperinflation causing Germans to ditch the SPD in favour of other parties such as Nazis

Yeah did those topics aswell! I was relieved when i saw those 9-mark essay questions, and I did similar factors to you :smile:
Reply 71
For the nazi rise to power question, I did the factors of: -Promises-Nazi Propaganda-Failure of Weimar government (coalition govs, etc)Do you think my factors are fine?
random How important question in russia instead of the usual to what extent threw me but i managed to answer
Original post by Ibby0
For the nazi rise to power question, I did the factors of: -Promises-Nazi Propaganda-Failure of Weimar government (coalition govs, etc)Do you think my factors are fine?

Yea
They should be okay, but I read the promises bit as being about propaganda so I avoided talking about propaganda.
Original post by Ibby0
Original post by aingidh
They should be okay, but I read the promises bit as being about propaganda so I avoided talking about propaganda.

I read the promises and like the promise to solve unemployment and ripping up the Treaty Of Versailles so pretty sure propaganda would be okay
Ahh I forgot about the ToV. We covered it in S3 and I never really revised it until before the exam.
Reply 77
Ah yes I can see that now. What sorts of stuff did you write for the last question, the one on nazi youth groups?
I put stuff like, the Hitler Youth made kids do cross country runs which kept their bodies fit and healthy and ready to fight in the war, Napolas set up to train boys to think and speak like Nazis as potential future leaders, and ultimately, youth organisations were set up to brainwash children to think the Nazis were all that mattered. Hopefully they’re okay.
Original post by Ibby0
Ah yes I can see that now. What sorts of stuff did you write for the last question, the one on nazi youth groups?
Well done everyone! :biggrin: Happy that's over. Apart from the explain question about why peasants were unhappy (Russia) it went well! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending