The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Religious Studies - Christianity and Islam Papers

Hey,

Who else took the Christianity and Islam Papers from OCR today? I found one of the questions impossible as I've never heard of the word before.

Scroll to see replies

What question was it?
Reply 2
I think it was a Part 'D' Question but I'm not sure.
Original post by AliHaider123
What question was it?
I think it was OK, i just struggled with quotes and stuff :confused:
Was it du'a prayers? I can recall that one

Original post by LVTS
I think it was a Part 'D' Question but I'm not sure.
eid ul ghadeer?
literally made up but looks like i got it wrong oh
Reply 6
Yeah, that was the word I'm talking about. My teacher has not once mentioned it and I can't find it in my 'My Revision Notes' RS Revision Guide either. Or perhaps I'm just blind.
Original post by tatianamrques
eid ul ghadeer?
literally made up but looks like i got it wrong oh
Reply 7
all the questions were worded so badly and what even was that haj question
Reply 8
Yeah, I agree. The questions weren't exactly the easiest to understand. I had no clue with that Hajj Question honestly it was rubbish.
Reply 9
I beg you what was rubbish
Original post by lvts
yeah, i agree. The questions weren't exactly the easiest to understand. I had no clue with that hajj question honestly it was rubbish.
Reply 10
Praying for low grade boundaries cos that Islam paper definitely killed me
Reply 11
Whats was on your islam paper ?!!!!
Original post by m2b
praying for low grade boundaries cos that islam paper definitely killed me
Reply 12
That question on Hajj. It was worded so badly, in my opinion, I didn't really understand it.
Original post by Hibbyxo
Reply 13
Same. I definitely did a lot better in the Christianity Paper. I did 45 mins worth of revision right before the Exam for Christianity, but I thought I knew my Islam quite well. Apparently not.
Original post by m2b
Praying for low grade boundaries cos that Islam paper definitely killed me

Original post by Hibbyxo
Original post by LVTS
Yeah, that was the word I'm talking about. My teacher has not once mentioned it and I can't find it in my 'My Revision Notes' RS Revision Guide either. Or perhaps I'm just blind.

Eid al ghadeer is the same as Id al ghadeer which is the Shia festival which celebrates Mohammad’s last sermon and reinforces to Muslims that ali was the first caliph after muhammas
Duo means one and duo is induvidual prayer which can help you feel closer to allah
Original post by AliHaider123
Was it du'a prayers? I can recall that one
Reply 16
can't just be me that found both fifteen markers for islam horrific, especially the first one? ended up talking about barzakh for the hajj one!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by jscgr
can't just be me that found both fifteen markers for islam horrific, especially the first one? ended up talking about barzakh for the hajj one!

I found the Hajj one really difficult
The first one was bad but second was decent as it was about five pillars of Islam’s so just had to compare it to another pillar the first one was tricky about fair and just but on the other hand you could use tawhid and explain it which would get you a lot of marks easy

Original post by jscgr
Barzakh is a good point but I don’t think there is a lot to write about
Original post by Dividingjem2
The first one was bad but second was decent as it was about five pillars of Islam’s so just had to compare it to another pillar the first one was tricky about fair and just but on the other hand you could use tawhid and explain it which would get you a lot of marks easy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending