The Student Room Group

National 5 History 2018-19

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flopsypopsy1
random How important question in russia instead of the usual to what extent threw me but i managed to answer

Was that for the Russian Revolution topic? If so, what were your answers for that? I done that section too and I’m just curious lol :smile:
Reply 81
Yeah I put very similar things as well as girls were taught how to do mother work so that they were fit to bear many children for the nazi ‘master race’. Not sure if that’s all correct but I put a ton down so I hope some of it’s right :smile:
Original post by OliveAgnes
Well done everyone! :biggrin: Happy that's over. Apart from the explain question about why peasants were unhappy (Russia) it went well! :smile:

What did you put for this question? I think I done alright with that one but it did throw me a little, I wasn’t really sure what information to put that would be relevant enough to gain marks ahhaha
random How important question in russia instead of the usual to what extent threw me but i managed to answer

That confused me too! I just answered it like a 'to what extent' question.

Original post by BethKennedy_x
What did you put for this question? I think I done alright with that one but it did throw me a little, I wasn’t really sure what information to put that would be relevant enough to gain marks ahhaha

Think the question was 'explain the reasons why peasants were unhappy with life in Russia up to 1900' and I made points about the redemption payments, only having access to poor quality land, not having an education, having no political say, being oppressed by the middle-upper classes/ Okhrana and living in basic conditions. Spent way too long on that question struggling to come up with stuff though!
I said famine caused by war (??) and basically some of the points you mentioned
That confused me too! I just answered it like a 'to what extent' question.

Think the question was 'explain the reasons why peasants were unhappy with life in Russia up to 1900' and I made points about the redemption payments, only having access to poor quality land, not having an education, having no political say, being oppressed by the middle-upper classes/ Okhrana and living in basic conditions. Spent way too long on that question struggling to come up with stuff though!
Yes it was just the same really

I did the war with japan as my main point

I also did Bloody sunday as my smaller point

I used some of those point too! I mainly discussed the lack of political freedom, lack of reform, bad working conditions (long hours, low pay), the Okhrana, the inflation in prices that the war with Japan caused and how materials from overseas couldn’t reach Russia do to the war. Hopefully they are all good enough for the marker ahha 😂
Original post by Benasteve

I done the war with Japan as one point, and then for the other two factors I done lack of reform and food and raw material shortages throughout Russia
I think they will be apart from the war with japan as that was after 1900 as that was around 1904 if i am correct, however I could be wrong lol

I used some of those point too! I mainly discussed the lack of political freedom, lack of reform, bad working conditions (long hours, low pay), the Okhrana, the inflation in prices that the war with Japan caused and how materials from overseas couldn’t reach Russia do to the war. Hopefully they are all good enough for the marker ahha 😂
That's reassuring that we got some of the same points :smile: fingers crossed!
really happy with the paper, think I did well I’m glad :smile:
Is anyone else coming back for Higher next year?

our teacher taught us to use Q as main point and choose 3 smaller points... makes everything more difficult :/
I think they will be apart from the war with japan as that was after 1900 as that was around 1904 if i am correct, however I could be wrong lol

Oh yeah, your completely right I just googled it, oops 😂🤦🏼*♀️ it’s okay, hopefully I won’t lose too many marks lol! I should’ve payed more attention to the question!!!
Original post by aingidh
Is anyone else coming back for Higher next year?

I am (hopefully lol!)
our teacher taught us to use Q as main point and choose 3 smaller points... makes everything more difficult :/

Oh that’s really strange, I didn’t realise that there was more than one way to approach these types of questions. I was always taught to introduce three main points (one of those being the factor in the question) and then talk about each one individually then make an overall conclusion as to which was ‘the most important reason’ for example.
we were taught to do it as an extended explain question with a intro and conclusion. the only difference is you explain the question point 3 times, then use 3 own knowledge points and explain them. Lovely and confusing.
Oh that’s really strange, I didn’t realise that there was more than one way to approach these types of questions. I was always taught to introduce three main points (one of those being the factor in the question) and then talk about each one individually then make an overall conclusion as to which was ‘the most important reason’ for example.
we were taught to do it as an extended explain question with a intro and conclusion. the only difference is you explain the question point 3 times, then use 3 own knowledge points and explain them. Lovely and confusing.

It does sound a bit confusing lol! I guess it guarantees you the marks tho, sounds like you go into tons of depth :smile:
I can only hope! :eek: :biggrin:
It does sound a bit confusing lol! I guess it guarantees you the marks tho, sounds like you go into tons of depth :smile:
I put that girls were taught who to cook and sew, in preparation for being housewifes and mothers. Boys were trained to be soldiers, and went on hikes to keep fit. And that girls were encouraged to have as many babies as possible, all so that Hitker would have soldiers for his army. I said that all of this was to indoctrinate the children

Original post by Ibby0
Ah yes I can see that now. What sorts of stuff did you write for the last question, the one on nazi youth groups?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending