The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Further Maths Core Pure 13th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I got lambda as 3/4, and the length as 221m. The angle one I flopped completely, and the marbles one was just awful
Original post by Livie1717
Anyone else get lambda as 57/77 in the vectors mountain question or have I gone seriously wrong?

Also, I got 4.44 radians for the angle and have no idea about that weird summation question
Does anyone remember the marks for each question? so i can work out what i got
Original post by Ejaz_U
I got lambda as 3/4, and the length as 221m. The angle one I flopped completely, and the marbles one was just awful

I got lambda as 3/4 also, can't remember the length I got but I would think I got the same.

Also, for the next part of that question, it seemed a bit ambiguous as to what a "significantly shorter" distance was?
What did people get for a in the last question?
Reply 64
Original post by Katherinejc
What did people get for a in the last question?

I got a=0.6, although I only recognised that last minute and wasn't able to change all my other answers in time using the incorrect value of 'a' I had previously :frown:
Does anyone remember the exact question for the volume of rev. one?
Reply 66
I just worked out the distance of OP and OQ, showed that they were both greater than 221m, and then stated that they should build the new tunnel
Original post by Synthetic Dozen
I got lambda as 3/4 also, can't remember the length I got but I would think I got the same.

Also, for the next part of that question, it seemed a bit ambiguous as to what a "significantly shorter" distance was?
what did the chimpanzee question exactly ask for?
so much man, so much
Original post by maruchan
what did the chimpanzee question exactly ask for?
Reply 69
Question 9 was 8 marks, question 4 was 5 marks, question 5 was 8 marks. No idea about the rest.
Original post by Ejaz_U
Question 1 - around 6/7 marks
Question 2 - around 5/6 marks
Question 3 - 6 marks?
Question 4 - 7 marks?
Question 5 - 5 marks
Question 6 - I forgot :confused:
Question 7 - 8 marks?
Question 8 - 8 marks?
Question 9 - 10 marks?
Question 10 - 9 marks?

I'm probably really inaccurate with the marks :tongue:
Original post by Ejaz_U
I just worked out the distance of OP and OQ, showed that they were both greater than 221m, and then stated that they should build the new tunnel

Yeah that’s correct, I got my distance being in the 220s as well. My λ was 1/4
Reply 71
That was pretty much the only question I was alright in, everything else was shambolic :frown:
Original post by NATHan w
Yeah that’s correct, I got my distance being in the 220s as well. My λ was 1/4
Reply 72
Can’t believe I didn’t get the vector question because I didn’t find k..
i'm doomed
Original post by ananomousey
so much man, so much
I almost lost my marbles with that standard deviation q, until I realised it was given in the formula book.
That was way harder than I expected. Glad it's not just me.

My highlight was when I found a standard deviation of sqrt(-6800). The other questions I think I did decent on, apart from chimpanzee.
**** is AS FM is this hard the A2 exams is gonna be aidsss 🤢. Can someone elaborate on the vectors questions
Reply 77
did anyone find everything hard?
not really, only the last one and a couple of the others - it tested your understanding not just whether you could apply some equations to various things
Original post by nk02
did anyone find everything hard?
how many marks was the marble question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending