The Student Room Group

how to fix up sleeping schedule?

i get sleepy at 8am and then sleep till 5pm. But I’m still tired throughout the day. i was given vitamin d tablets cause i’m lacking in the d and they seem to be working but just for a little bit. it’s making me so unproductive! like i’m always sleepy. I want to be able to sleep at 9pm and wake up at 5am. how i can do this lol

Scroll to see replies

bump
8am to 5pm..

How did it get to this? ._.
Lacking in the D. LOL.
Instead of staying up until 8am, start going to bed at 9pm and get up at 5am - you won't sleep for the first few nights but eventually your body will get into the habit. And don't nap during the day
Original post by KJEKJE Says Hi
8am to 5pm..

How did it get to this? ._.

you tell me

Original post by markova21
Lacking in the D. LOL.

😂😂😂

Original post by black tea
Instead of staying up until 8am, start going to bed at 9pm and get up at 5am - you won't sleep for the first few nights but eventually your body will get into the habit. And don't nap during the day

I just woke up at 5 though and i don’t nap. but if i start going to bed at 9 i will just end up sleeping at 8pm and that’s a whole lot of time wasted trying to sleep idk
(edited 4 years ago)
Sorry,OP. I couldn't resist. Do you drink lots of tea or coffee? Or have lots of sugar? If so, try and cut down. The best way to be tired and ready for a good night's sleep is to be active enough during the day so that by bed time you are tired. If you lead quite a sedentary lifestyle; i.e, sitting down most of the day, then you are not going to be using up any energy or calories. Make a note for a week of what you eat/drink and at what times of the day or night. Also make a note of how much, if any exercise you do each day. I think it's recommended most of us to have an hour of exercise every day, or at least 5 days a week. Something like that. If you are concerned, speak to your parents or make an appointment to see your GP, who will offer you some good advice. Good luck !!
Reply 7
Can you clarify your current sleep schedule? You sleep 8am to 5pm?

Make sure you get some sunlight (or bright light) during the daytime and do not sit around in dark rooms when you want to be awake. Also, make sure your eating schedule fits a 9pm-5am schedule because your body clock does pick up on these
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
you tell me

That's why I'm asking xD

- Did you stay up really late a few times and just became accustomed to your new time?
- Did caffeine keep you up?
- Did you sleep for a long time and then have been waking up at that time since?

wait so you go to sleep at 8 in the morning and wake up at 5 in the evening? that's some wacky sleep schedule- do you not need to go anywhere during the day?
maybe try and gradually work towards getting up and going to sleep at your desired times, and maybe switch off your phone etc a couple of hours before you want to get to sleep:smile:
i get sleepy at 8am and then sleep till 5pm. But I’m still tired throughout the day. i was given vitamin d tablets cause i’m lacking in the d and they seem to be working but just for a little bit. it’s making me so unproductive! like i’m always sleepy. I want to be able to sleep at 9pm and wake up at 5am. how i can do this lol
Original post by markova21
Sorry,OP. I couldn't resist. Do you drink lots of tea or coffee? Or have lots of sugar? If so, try and cut down. The best way to be tired and ready for a good night's sleep is to be active enough during the day so that by bed time you are tired. If you lead quite a sedentary lifestyle; i.e, sitting down most of the day, then you are not going to be using up any energy or calories. Make a note for a week of what you eat/drink and at what times of the day or night. Also make a note of how much, if any exercise you do each day. I think it's recommended most of get an hour of exercise every day, or at least 5 days a week. Something like that. If you are concerned, speak to your parents or make an appointment to see your GP, who will offer you some good advice. Good luck !!

It was intentional dw 😂 yeah i drink tea at like 1am cause i gave up trying to sleep at that point. and yeah i have tons of sugar a day. but i wake up at 5pm and that’s my breakfast! yeah i got sacked so i’m pretty much sitting on my ass all day! okay i’ll try to cut it off. i exercise, i dance all the time.

thanks i will xx

Original post by Ben878 (LfL)
Can you clarify your current sleep schedule? You sleep 8am to 5pm?

Make sure you get some sunlight (or bright light) during the daytime and do not sit around in dark rooms when you want to be awake. Also, make sure your eating schedule fits a 9pm-5am schedule because your body clock does pick up on these

yeah like i said . 8 till 5 or sometimes 6 till 4.

i do! the light from outside comes through my curtains and blinds me every morning. then i go on my social media’s , reply to people then go back to sleep with myself half asleep. it does, i eat at 6pm and stop eating at like 2am
My main advice would be to not stare at blue light before you go to bed. It keeps your mind awake when your in bed and ultimately affects your sleep patterns. Also if you're not doing anything active, you're more likely to fall asleep, so maybe try and move around more during the day :P

Other advice has already been said, I see, so yep. Keeping a consistent food schedule will also even out your body clock.
That's why I'm asking xD

- Did you stay up really late a few times and just became accustomed to your new time?
- Did caffeine keep you up?
- Did you sleep for a long time and then have been waking up at that time since?

tea doesn’t keep me awake i just drink cos it tastes nice. nah i used to sleep at 12pm all the time. latest was 1. nah i don’t other than go tuition which is at 6 and i miss it sometimes because my body doesn’t wanna get up. which is affecting me cause i missed yesterday and today cos of this sleepiness! and yes to the last question.

Original post by pineapplepink
wait so you go to sleep at 8 in the morning and wake up at 5 in the evening? that's some wacky sleep schedule- do you not need to go anywhere during the day?
maybe try and gradually work towards getting up and going to sleep at your desired times, and maybe switch off your phone etc a couple of hours before you want to get to sleep:smile:

basically. that’s why i’m asking for help lol , my eyes are always closed! nah not really. i should be doing some cleaning here and there and taking my sister from school.

could i try tonight ?
My main advice would be to not stare at blue light before you go to bed. It keeps your mind awake when your in bed and ultimately affects your sleep patterns. Also if you're not doing anything active, you're more likely to fall asleep, so maybe try and move around more during the day :P

Other advice has already been said, I see, so yep. Keeping a consistent food schedule will also even out your body clock.

blue light???
blue light???

As in light from screens on computers or phones ^^
As in light from screens on computers or phones ^^

ohh okay

I just woke up at 5 though and i don’t nap. but if i start going to bed at 9 i will just end up sleeping at 8pm and that’s a whole lot of time wasted trying to sleep idk

Didn't you say you wanted to go to bed at 9pm though? 8pm is not that much different... Just stay up until 8-9pm tomorrow night and go to bed then.
Original post by black tea
Didn't you say you wanted to go to bed at 9pm though? 8pm is not that much different... Just stay up until 8-9pm tomorrow night and go to bed then.

True True. I’ll start tonight actually x

basically. that’s why i’m asking for help lol , my eyes are always closed! nah not really. i should be doing some cleaning here and there and taking my sister from school.

could i try tonight ?

I think that if you try to drastically change your sleep schedule straight away then you might end up lying awake for ages if your body isn't used to going to sleep at that time, but you could just try and go to sleep 30mins closer to your desired time each night, and after a wee while you'd be at where you need to be
but by all means start tonight:smile:
stay up all night and go to bed at 8pm

Quick Reply

Latest