The Student Room Group

I like a girl and I am Muslim

Hi everyone I got a little problem. I am a Sunni Muslim and I heavily respect Islam but there is a girl in my college who is also a Muslim and I really like her because she is a very nice person and her personality. I kinda have a crush on her but is this Haram to have a crush and I want to be her boyfriend though I plan to do this right after I end college.
But please help if this is Haram or anything or an advice to get close to her. In Islam it is essential to pass down knowledge so having a wife is essential.
My friend has a girlfriend who is also a Muslim and both of his parents and his gf's parents know they are together.
I don't want to be that lovey dovey or kissy guy
I just wanna be very close friends with her
So plz help!!!

Scroll to see replies

Im probably being very uneducated but why is it haram in islam to have a crush?
Original post by anamoore

With my knowledge I just know that Asking her out to a date is Haram . I really just wanna be very close friends.
If you have any Muslim friends plz tell them about this problem
I’m not sure - Muslim here.
I have been in your situation b4 but with a white girl. We both did like each other but we couldn’t go any further - advice I got from tsr etc. But that was a yr ago - at 15 so we were young. At your age (post college) if you are both Muslim I don’t see what’s wrong if there is a possible marriage in the future - cuz we need to start somewhere to find a partner.
just get married if you both like each other
being attracted to something isnt necessarily haram/having a crush
just dont entertain your thoughts and stay away from her
dont respond to your desires if its in a haram way
Original post by lil squid

it isn't... Only if something sexual is going on before marriage.. other than that islam allows people going on dates and having a bf/gf
Oh ok I just wanna really just stay friends
No funny business!!!
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
it isn't... Only if something sexual is going on before marriage.. other than that islam allows people going on dates and having a bf/gf
Reply 7
I'm pretty sure it's ok to be friends. Like as you said no funky things just talking as friends is ok.
yeah my plan is to be very great friends with her and then the toughest thing will be to ask her that question which is so hard to spew out.
anyways kissing and all that sexual stuff is so gross anyway.

Spoiler

Original post by ibyghee
I'm pretty sure it's ok to be friends. Like as you said no funky things just talking as friends is ok.
Reply 9
Original post by Ruhab Dabeer
yeah my plan is to be very great friends with her and then the toughest thing will be to ask her that question which is so hard to spew out.

Spoiler

the toughest thing?
yeah asking her can we get married??
That is the toughest thing
and the next is to persuade your parents to get married with the girl
Obviously in the most halal way
Original post by ibyghee
the toughest thing?
God this religion's rules are garbage
Just start talking to her and at least ask her out. Don't rush things and get to know each other more. If you like her tell her and try to convince her how much you care about her. It eventually work out
(edited 4 years ago)
yeah asking her can we get married??
That is the toughest thing
and the next is to persuade your parents to get married with the girl
Obviously in the most halal way

It won't be tough after a few years of being friends with her since both of you would know that you want to get married. It's about slowly making the connection over the years and then it will be easy.
Reply 14
Hi everyone I got a little problem. I am a Sunni Muslim and I heavily respect Islam but there is a girl in my college who is also a Muslim and I really like her because she is a very nice person and her personality. I kinda have a crush on her but is this Haram to have a crush and I want to be her boyfriend though I plan to do this right after I end college.
But please help if this is Haram or anything or an advice to get close to her. In Islam it is essential to pass down knowledge so having a wife is essential.
My friend has a girlfriend who is also a Muslim and both of his parents and his gf's parents know they are together.
I don't want to be that lovey dovey or kissy guy
I just wanna be very close friends with her
So plz help!!!

How can you be very close friends with a nice single girl that you clearly fancy; that is called dating. Nothing wrong with dating but some muslims will tell you there is. From my point of view i really think it boils down to how you view the god of your religion. If you think your god is punitive. punishing and watching and waiting to catch you out to send you to hell then it is unlikely that you will ever be happy. If, on the other hand, you believe in a kind caring compassionate and wants you to happy with your current life as well then maybe you would actually date the girl in a highly respectful manner and seeif she really likes you as well. I bet your parents would be delighted for you if you found a really nice girl to eventually be married to. I think "love " marriages beat arranged marriages any day of the week!
Reply 15

Spoiler

Sexual stuff snd kissing is" gross" you say. So what would happen to you then when you get married? Sounds like dojng some research on relationship needs before you ever get married is essential for you it sounds. And good luck to you; everyone deserves to be in love at sometime!
The Sexual Stuff I am not too sure about but the kissing is Hell No in my option
Thanks for the support tho
😁
Original post by ibyghee
It won't be tough after a few years of being friends with her since both of you would know that you want to get married. It's about slowly making the connection over the years and then it will be easy.

J

Original post by mgi
Sexual stuff snd kissing is" gross" you say. So what would happen to you then when you get married? Sounds like dojng some research on relationship needs before you ever get married is essential for you it sounds. And good luck to you; everyone deserves to be in love at sometime!
Nah they are just being protective
Check out some preacher's ideas then you might change your mind
Tho wish me best of luck
Original post by Anonymous
God this religion's rules are garbage
Original post by mgi
How can you be very close friends with a nice single girl that you clearly fancy; that is called dating. Nothing wrong with dating but some muslims will tell you there is. From my point of view i really think it boils down to how you view the god of your religion. If you think your god is punitive. punishing and watching and waiting to catch you out to send you to hell then it is unlikely that you will ever be happy. If, on the other hand, you believe in a kind caring compassionate and wants you to happy with your current life as well then maybe you would actually date the girl in a highly respectful manner and seeif she really likes you as well. I bet your parents would be delighted for you if you found a really nice girl to eventually be married to. I think "love " marriages beat arranged marriages any day of the week!

Tbf you are totally right in that
I don't want my parents to pick me a girl
But I am gonna pick a girl obviously halal otherwise I ain't doing me self good
if you're serious about this then it is known in halal dating to go to the girl's father and ask if it is permissible for you to get to know his daughter.

Latest