The Student Room Group

Social Work Postgraduates 2019

Hey everyone!

I have applied for postgraduate social work in Scotland, often known as MSc Social Work!

I have applied at Glasgow Caledonia University, Strathclyde, Robert Gordon, Edinburgh, and Stirling!

I have reached second stage for Stirling but have not heard from any other university yet, I was wondering if no news is good news? I know people who have applied to the same course as me after me, but have got interviews or offers, should I be worried?

Let me know how you are all getting on!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LN1995x
Hey everyone!

I have applied for postgraduate social work in Scotland, often known as MSc Social Work!

I have applied at Glasgow Caledonia University, Strathclyde, Robert Gordon, Edinburgh, and Stirling!

I have reached second stage for Stirling but have not heard from any other university yet, I was wondering if no news is good news? I know people who have applied to the same course as me after me, but have got interviews or offers, should I be worried?

These things take 6-8 weeks. Different unis have different processes so there's no point in worrying. You just have to wait!
Reply 2
I have an offer for Strathclyde but still waiting for Stirling. I got rejected by calli
Reply 3
Congratations on your offer from strathclyde, I also have one for there and I got one from Glasgow Cali, sorry you never got one :frown: still waiting to hear from Stirling as well wonder how long that will take !
Original post by dmcc0183
I have an offer for Strathclyde but still waiting for Stirling. I got rejected by calli
Reply 4
Original post by LN1995x
Congratations on your offer from strathclyde, I also have one for there and I got one from Glasgow Cali, sorry you never got one :frown: still waiting to hear from Stirling as well wonder how long that will take !

That's ok! I'm happy enough with Strathclyde I contacted Stirling and they hope to have decision done by march 31st.
Reply 5
That’s good! Yeah a few people have said the same so hopefully get offers there too!
Original post by dmcc0183
That's ok! I'm happy enough with Strathclyde I contacted Stirling and they hope to have decision done by march 31st.
Reply 6
Hope so, I'm getting impatient lol
Reply 7
Congrats on your offer! I’ve received offers from Edinburgh and Strathclyde but still waiting to hear from UWS
Reply 8
Congrats! Such a food feeling!! What’s your preference? Is anyone waiting for Stirling to reply either... they said to me by the 31st so I’d assume we hear today unless they work over the weekend?

Original post by hcms887
Congrats on your offer! I’ve received offers from Edinburgh and Strathclyde but still waiting to hear from UWS
Hey ! I’ve got an offer from Glasgow Cali and Stirling, still waiting to hear from UWS. Also waiting to hear what’s the process with bursary nominations. Someone said Stirling allocate them based on your score in the stage 2 task.
Original post by LN1995x
Congrats! Such a food feeling!! What’s your preference? Is anyone waiting for Stirling to reply either... they said to me by the 31st so I’d assume we hear today unless they work over the weekend?
Stirling advised me they will make bursary nominations around August and they will be in touch with applicants around that time.
Moved to Postgraduate Applications. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by LN1995x
Hey everyone!

I found out from Strathclyde within 2 weeks. I got offered conditional offer. I had to let them know by may 1st
I accepted UWS though due to location and they were unconditional .
Reply 13
That’s great, glad you accepted an offer! I have offers from Strathclyde, GCU, Stirling and Edinburgh so I’ve accepted Strathclyde as my firm and Stirling as my insurance, and I need either a 2:1 or 2:2! Just dying to find out about bursaries now!
Original post by Sam6rz
I found out from Strathclyde within 2 weeks. I got offered conditional offer. I had to let them know by may 1st
I accepted UWS though due to location and they were unconditional .
Reply 14
I emailed UWS today about bursary . I am also eager to know if I’ve been nominated .
Hey ! i have been accepted with unconditional offer from Strathclyde and Glasgow Caledonian and i'm still waiting Napier Uni.
Do you know if there is a limit that a have to answer for an offer ?
Reply 16
I can’t say for other universities but UWS will offer 50 places but not all will get fees paid or bursaries.
I’ve applied for Stirling but just submitted my application today. All these posts are stressing me out that I’ve left it too late, although I seen that the deadline is 1st June. What do you think? I’ll let you know if/when they get back to me.
Reply 18
I don’t think it’s too late , although I’ve heard funding can be on who accepts offer first but I can’t be sure as I’ve also read it’s based on scores.
They haven’t asked us to register as sssc students yet so I think you still have time to apply . The good thing is I doubt you’re waiting time will be long to find out .
Awww fab thanks! I hope it’s based on scores then! Are people hearing back from Stirling yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending